Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: I like using my Amiga with OS4.x because...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

thanks.. and now to the structhur of devs

Go to top
Re: I like using my Amiga with OS4.x because...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Mikey_C,

Bad News:
There is a better OS than AOS4.1.

GOOD News:
It hasn't been made yet!

Sooooooo, why bother?

Just keep improving AOS!

But seriously, just for the simple facts of I know what's going on in there, relatively, and I have control.

Benefits:
1) Re-installing? I haven't at all, it's almost never necessary! xp seems to get slower over time. (And really, how hard is it to re-install anyway? HOWEVER, the customizations are a bitch to go through. But, on any other OS you have the same troubles.)

2) ram: disk is CRUCIAL to my using a computer. If the OS doesn't have it it's useless.

3) Draggable screens, a "must have"!!!

4) My friend could not believe how quickly AWeb started. I timed it, it's 4 seconds! On xp, it's like you click to start something, for a while nothing happens, you wonder if you activated it at all?

When I went to NOT outputting info while a lha was decompressing in ram:, it's practically instantaneous! So, I copy the Aweb LHA to ram:, decompress, and run from there.

In XP, make a ram: disk, install internet explorer and surf? Restart computer then when it's ready, and be able to do it again in 9 seconds? I M P O S S I B L E ! (Even with 8 cores running at 6 GHz!!!!!!)

SO, the ability for YOU to put and move programs anywhere, anytime, is PRICELESS!

5) No matter HOW sophisticated a GUI OS gets, it MUST HAVE the CLI/shell environmnet available. And AOS has it practically PERFECT. Why? Command line and GUI were written with 100% interaction in mind from the onset!!! Combined with the existence of ARexx, well, it's near impossible to get MORE perfect!

6) We lack cloud computing? HA HA HA HA HA! There are times I can not retrieve my email from Yahoo, seems their servers are n/a!!!! (And it's slow.) Keep computing where YOU are in a single user environment. Need multi-user? Don't have a hard drive, just use USB CF cards, one per person. I find CC scary, and, if your connection is out, or you haven't paid your ISP bill (for a while), utterly useles.

7) Two way communication with the coders behind the scenes!!?! Is there really anywhere else that this exists??? At such a personal level???? Can you put a price tag on that? We are NOT "paying too much" for AOS+HW and it's additional SW titles!

8) It's the little things..... There are sooOOOOoooo many of them, that they REALLY add up.

And finally!

9) AOS4.x just keeps getting better and more BETTER!!!!!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)