Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 142

samo79, 328gts, jabirulo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: A1 won't boot from HD or CDRom?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

I have 2 HDs & I swapped them around, got the floppy screen, I'm sure its just a configuration that uboot is seeing. You can go into the uboot menu & turn off all drives except the boot HD & see if it boots, if not, turn off all HDs & boot from the CDROM with a boot CD. Once you get it to boot, you can test other settings.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Slayer
help ;)

I looked at your UBoot envars and I see all of this:
a1ide_maxbus=0
sii3112ide_maxbus=0
sii3114ide_maxbus=0
ide_maxbus=0
ide_swap=0
boot1=psiicdrom
boot2=psii

This is all wrong... Seriously , you need to declare an IDE device before you can bootup!

Example of my IDE system:
ide_doreset=on
ide_cd_timeout=30
a1ide_maxbus=0
sii0680ide_conf=1122
sii0680ide_xfer=DDB0
boot1=psii
boot2=psiicdrom
I bootup device#0 harddrive

Also, please use UBoot settings and not IDETOOL settings, and don't 'mount' IDEs using MOUNT. And finally, don't mix hard disks and dumb drive on the same bus, the experts don't recommend it. Put you hardrives on BUS#0 and CD/DVDs on BUS#1. It's guaranteed not to cause problems!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

since I started having problems I was limiting the speed of set udmas to 4 2 4 4... has no bearing on the dreaded disk insert screen :p

because you mixed the BUSes. Put HDs on one BUS and dumb devices on the other. Mixing them screws with UDMA.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

sounds like some good points there...

latest update-turned the cpu on 5 days ago and the screen comes up telling me there is no ide devices available on any unit on sii0680ide.device...

OOoooo-k

hit reset button... nothing... and that is all that has happened since then... doesn't matter what I do, remove, swap, reseat etc...

even down to a graphic card and the internal ide...

seems there is nothing left to do but replace the battery-if that doesn't work then I'm afraid it'll be back to stable faithful classic-which I am logged in with now

next question of course IS...

can I use the sii0680ide card and/or sata raid with my prometheus if I copy over the kickstart files? (never could get the 320g notebook ripped sata drive to be recognised) but the card showed up working correctly... only try it since usb wasn't nice to it, probably a 2.0 incompatiability? could see it, could partition it but just couldn't format it for use... actually, the modded xbox couldn't format it either and the xbox360 couldn't recognise it to even try... lol

I can probably use my RTL81390 chipped network card I just haven't bothered to replace the adequate adrianeii card...

someone bring out a proper cool hardware eh? I'll gladly extend the mortgage on my house for a truely stable KAss system ;)

thanks all

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
11:40pm update

it doesn't look good... looked around and took the 3Volt battery out of a cobra dkb 030 accelerator and one out of a dkb 1202...

inserted one then the other... nothing...

surely (because of the age factor) both batteries cant be flat? I will get a new one anyway...

but it doesn't look good :p

good night :D

p.s. darn, I was about to contact Amigakit too about what I needed to top up to get 4.1 since I have a credit from getting 4.0 for the classic PPC...

btw... the power seems to be getting to the entire unit... the green light lower right works, the green light turns on when you insert network cable and the cpu fan purrs happily... the harddrive clicks up and murmers like you'd expect just not access and the monitor doesn't click into signal recieved mode... yes, I did try the voodoo in the pci slot and yes it did work when I tried it when the a1 worked

do I need a new cpu module? :D

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ Slayer
do I need a new cpu module? :D
You tell us?

http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... t_id=20992#forumpost20992

#9 --Hook up a serial cable and grab the output with another computer and then post it here.--SSolie

If you get anything then the cpu is working. After this you can 'see' what's the problem is.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
That was a joke a last minute insert... heh

what about the other questions? :p

thanks for the reference material and reply though :D

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

If its reporting no drives are available on your sil 0680 card, could you try using the onboard IDE on the motherboard? it should work reliably if you dont use DMA.

Use the env variables on this page to configure your UBOOT:
http://www.titan.co.nz/amigaak/AA020816.htm

Edited by jahc on 2008/8/28 6:36:37
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)