Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Anyone using DiskLed docky?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi folks,

I'm running AmigaOS4 on my A1200 and I'm running DiskLed docky by Joerg S., I configured the tooltypes of the docy's icon for the devices I want to monitor and then I dragged the icon to Amidock but it doesn't seem to work, everytime I access the devices nothing appears in the DiskLed docky. Here's how I configured the icon's tooltypes:

DEVICE=scsi.device,0
DEVICE=scsi.device,1
DEVICE=x-surf.device,0

... and yes, I have drives connected to those devices and units, the x-surf is configured in roadshow and I can access the internet and everything... what am I doing wrong?? or is it that it doesn't support Classics running OS4? Shouldn't it work fine on any OS4 setup no matter if classic or A1?

Thanks!

D.

Go to top
Re: Anyone using DiskLed docky?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Dragster

Quote:
Shouldn't it work fine on any OS4 setup no matter if classic or A1?
It does, but it only supports PPC native devices, not m68k ones like scsi.device and x-surf.device.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thanks Joerg! Is there a posibility of making it support 68k devices sometime? That would be great!

Cheers,

D.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

under OS4 classic there is no native support of the 1200 built-in ide port ?

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:
@joerg

under OS4 classic there is no native support of the 1200 built-in ide port ?
No, it's written in m68k assembler, but since the limit is the slow hardware it doesn't matter, the bugs of the old AmgaOS 3.x versions (LBA48 support, CMD_UPDATE, etc.) are fixed in the AmigaOS4 version and a PPC native IDE scsi.device wouldn't transfer data any faster nor need less CPU time.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

I just wish Diskled supported 68K devices, sadly it doesn't seem to be any OS4 update including support for BlizzardPPC's scsi controller anytime soon (I assume that would be ppc natve)... in my case, my A1200 is towered in a elbox power tower, but due to the Bvision and floppy power connector I can't connect the tower's led lead to the motherboard... so, sometimes I have no clue when disk is being accessed... I'm sure it's many people's problem too.

Cheers!

D.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Yes I'm sure there won't be any performance gain however this would make it visible as a native device for every other applications...
Can't the devices have glue code as we used to do with 68k libraries back in pre and upd#1 ?

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban

From a technical point of view devices are libraries.

It must be possible to create #?.d.main stubs with idltool, or we could never call a 68k-device from nativ code.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
@joerg

Yes I'm sure there won't be any performance gain however this would make it visible as a native device for every other applications...
Can't the devices have glue code as we used to do with 68k libraries back in pre and upd#1 ?
That's only required for m68k devices which have non-standard functions (more than BeginIO() and AbortIO(), for example a m68k timer.device would need a timer.d.main to be able to use functions like ITimer->GetSysTime() from PPC code), for BeginIO() and AbortIO() it's not required since the exec BeginIO() and AbortIO() functions include the glue code for m68k devices already.

For DiskLED.docky a scsi.d.main wouldn't help, it would only patch the unused PPC scsi.d.main BeginIO() function with IExec->SetMethod(), not the m68k device jumptable version with IExec->SetFunction().

Go to top

Register To Post