Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 70

LiveForIt, davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OSD in OS4?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Quote:
I think it's possible to force a custom screen as public screen using Screens prefs editor

Whats the point?

I mean if you hack a Custom screen to apear as Public, you would just as well draw directly on the FrontMost screen.

RWO

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm using IIntuition->LockScreenList() in ShowMsg to find the topmost screen. And I'm using a normal Intuition window. I've tested it and it opens a window on non-public screens too. But it might leave some trash on some screens. But at least the requester/window is shown. (Colours might be wrong/strange.) No need to force anything.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

But it might leave some trash on some screens. But at least the requester/window is shown. (Colours might be wrong/strange.)

Cygnix screen get's trashed and colors are a wee wrong.
Otherwise it's a good solution (given the timeout).

BTW: does anyone know the technique are the alerts are displayed with?

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Another thought: is it possible to use overlay?
Afaik, it shouldn't interfere with screen imagery/refresh.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK:

Hey, your "ShowMsg" with TIMEOUTSECS, CS, ANIMCS just rocks now!!!
BTW: why is there that low-colour side effect?
Can you make an option for these:
black bg in CS mode
no screen title is CS mode
no window border option
no gadget when timeout is there
(all these are simple imho)
and an option for custom icon?

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

You still have to "draw" into a screen when you use overlay, because you have to write a rectangle (or other shape) of the overlay colour.

The colours would come out right, but it would only work on high or truecolour modes, and if thats the case, you could achieve the same by detecting the screenmode pixel format and not using pens for rendering.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xeron

Thans for the info.
The least complicated atm is TSK's showmsg. And if it'll be programmable to produce a compact message, the it's quits the goal here (un-intrusive compact message that doesn't steal the focus and is above all the graphics)

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)