Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
OpenURL support in Odyssey
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All (and ChrisH mostly)

Worrying about fixing of bugs in odyssey port, found there was one from ChrisH, where he says:

Quote:

first comment
URLOPEN arexx cmd does not work

MUI-OWB seems to ignore the URLOPEN command. If you start it, and then run the following command from a Shell:
Rx "Address OWB.1; OPENURL 'http://google.co.uk'"

It *should* open the given URL (hopefully in a new tab), but it does nothing.

second comment
I should have written "OPENURL" rather than "URLOPEN", but the ARexx program was correct.

I also forgot to note that this bug prevents OpenURL from working, such that clicking on a URL in (say) SimpleMail does not work if MUI-OWB is already running.

third comment
I was reading the documentation for the wrong OWB (oops). MUI-OWB's says the following:
- OpenURL configuration
Rexx Port: OWB
Show:SHOW
Screen To Front: SCREENTOFRONT
Open: OPEN NAME="%u"
Open in new window: OPEN NAME="%u" NEWPAGE

HOWEVER, that does not work. The following ARexx program does nothing:
/**/
Address OWB.1
OPEN NAME="http://google.co.uk"
Say "Done"

I'm not sure if single-quoted URLs are supported, but if they are then this doesn't work either:
Rx "Address OWB.1; OPEN NAME='http://google.co.uk'"

Now, those ones works fine from shell:

To open in current window:
Quote:

ram:> rx "address owb.1; OPEN NAME 'http://google.com'"

To open in new tab:
Quote:

ram:> rx "address owb.1; OPEN NAME 'http://google.com' NEWPAGE"

Also that script works pretty fine too:

Quote:

/**/
Address OWB.1
OPEN NAME "http://google.co.uk"
Say "Done"

So, did it mean that everything fine now (and seems was), just "=" no need to type in the scripts/rx commands itself, and only in openurl preferences, and so there no bug ?

I see no reasons why that one should work:

Quote:

ram:> "Rx "Address OWB.1; OPENURL 'http://google.co.uk'" "

As port didn't have "openurl" command, so it can't be handled.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/12/28 7:39:37
Edited by kas1e on 2013/12/29 6:33:53
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: OpenURL support in Odyssey
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
And it works with simple mail too (i can press on link in it, and it open a newtab in already opened odyssey for me, or, spawn and odyssey and open link in it if odyssey wasn't run):

Resized Image

Edited by kas1e on 2013/12/29 6:41:28
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: OpenURL support in Odyssey (ChrisH's bugreport)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Anyone with knowledge of arexx and urlopen/openurl can plz read what i wrote and just confgirm that everything works as expected, and BZ from ChrisH is wrong and i can mark it as wrong one ?

There is link on original report:
http://bugs.os4depot.net/index.php?function=viewissue&issueid=822

(but i report it all in first post).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I did a quick check and for me OPEN NAME works as expected, and the NEWPAGE parameter does, too.

I know the OpenURL issue from the OWB version before (1.9), but I think it was the different naming of the ARexx commands?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

For me OpenURL works fine, opens OWB in a new page, when call it.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@whose
I mostly mean that command line example as ChrisH show can't works at all (does not matter with which app):

Quote:

Rx "Address OWB.1; OPENURL 'http://google.co.uk'"

I.e. there is no "OPENURL" (or "URLOPEN") for owb (or anything else) can be as they sit a bit lower in system than a rx sended command to parse by program -> so you can't use it as commands and its just by default can't works like this does not matter what app.

Quote:

I know the OpenURL issue from the OWB version before (1.9), but I think it was the different naming of the ARexx commands?

What issue was before ? I just mean that its all works and before, and now, with 1.9 and 1.16, and (seems so) ChrisH just put wrong command lines. But as i not arexx / urlopen /openurl expert i just want to be sure that its indeed like this, and so i can close BZ with words "you use it wrong, it should be like this".

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hm, I think it was a mixup of MUI-OWB and RA-OWB AND Voyager standard ARexx commands, mainly. There was indeed a problem with OWB 1.9 with lines using double and single quotes together. Never found out what the reason was.

Maybe there was a problem with the single quotes? Sometimes the ' is mixed up with `, even in source code.

Btw., "OPENURL" would have been more consistent to the SAVEURL command, as they dont differ in what they actually do (opening/saving URL). Other way around, if SAVEURL is just named "SAVE", its consistent, too.

I think you can close the BZ just stating the (more or less) obvious:

"Sometimes its an OpenURL configuration error. Dont use "OPENURL" command, as its NOT an OWB/Odyssey ARexx command. The right command is "OPEN" (see the readme for details). Quotes (single and double ones) work as expected."

Would be a bit more friendly than your statement

Edit: First part edited... some typos... middle part edited

Edited by whose on 2013/12/28 17:29:45
Edited by whose on 2013/12/28 17:30:56
Edited by whose on 2013/12/28 17:32:35
Edited by whose on 2013/12/28 17:38:59
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I did just notice 1 ARexx related bug.

I had ReactionOWB running (port named OWB.1) and started Odyssey, Odyssey then created a port named OWB.1

Starting two coppies of Odyssey creates OWB.1 OWB.2, starting RA-OWB then adds OWB.3 starting another odyssey then adds OWB.3

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Whose
Thanks, done.

@Andy
How it should be in end ? That just because joerg's owb and odyssey use the same name for arexx port => all sort of confusions.

There is report from Xenic: http://bugs.os4depot.net/index.php?function=viewissue&issueid=640

But i do not know if we can just change port to "Odyssey" as all scripts which already done will stop works. Pluse its good to have the same port name on all oses , so scripts from any of them will works on another ones.

Imho just need to note something like "don't use ra-owb together with odyssey". Or it somehow can be fixed/workorounded ? What you think ?

My own opinion that better if Fab will just replace it on Odyssey everywhere for all the time, so we will have no problems at all. I can change it for os4 only of course, but that one more difference => some scripts may stop working.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just a quick off-topic question...

Now that the bounty for Odissey has been completed who is officially porting it to AmigaOS 4?

Thanks!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

The name clash is not the main problem. It's inconvenient that two apps use the same base name but not the end of the world.

The problem is the duplicate name with slot.

RA-OWB created OWB.1 and then Odyssey created another OWB.1 Odyssey should have used the next slot (OWB.2),

Oddly Odyssey does use the next slot when it created the first one. (ie two Odysseys)

If Odyssey creates it's own arexx ports directly then there must be a bug in that code, if it uses an MUI equivalent of arexx.class the bug may be there.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm still testing Odyssey to be sure I can access all my accounts before I switch from RA-OWB to Odyssey as my main browser, but I have resolved the ARexx port issue on my system with a little HEX editing. Since RA-OWB will not be further developed, I HEX edited the ARexx port name to "RWB".

You can do the same (at your own risk) by searching for HEX "004f574200" in RA-OWB 3.31 or "504f574200" in RA-OWB 3.32 with a Hex editor like FileX and changing the O (hex 47) to R (hex 52). Make sure you back up RA-OWB before doing any hex editing and check that the port name was changed in the edited RA-OWB with Ranger-Exec-Ports.

If you make the above edit, you will need to change your OpenURL &/or URLOpen prefs to match the new port name.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

That might fix the basename clash but doesn't really resolve the issue of the slot number not being correctly assigned by Odyssey

If OWB.x exists then Odyssey should not create OWB.x as well. Whether or not the port is own by RA-OWB Odyssey or some other app.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
Quote:
That might fix the basename clash but doesn't really resolve the issue of the slot number not being correctly assigned by Odyssey

True. All the non-mui program sources I checked use FindPort() to check if a port already exists while MUI just accepts a basename (e.g. OWB) assigned by the program with MUIA_Application_Base and adds a number (.1 .2 etc.) if more than one copy of the application is running. It looks to me like an MUI issue that could only be solved in an MUI program by bypassing MUI Arexx support. Since it's unlikely that MUI or Odyssey will be changed soon, my suggestion offers a temporary fix for a specific (case i.e. RA-OWB). If might be useful if someone could apply the hex changes I suggest and create patches for RA-OWB 3.32 & 3.31 that could be uploaded somewhere for others to use.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

But MUI and Odyssy are in active development, so I reassert my point that the more serious bug can and should be fixed not hidden by hex editing away a inconvenient side effect...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues
I'm not advocating but suggesting a solution "until" and not "instead".
Since in my view it's a minor problem, I would say nuff said.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

The port is created by MUI through the application base name, not by odyssey explicitely. If you want it fixed, fix it in MUI.

That said, i don't see much point in still using RA OWB, but whatever. :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
I am not at home for next few days, so can't make a BZ, maybe you can write one for mui ? I am sure Thore will fix it fast enough. But if you busy as well i can do so myself in next few days.

@Fab
Maybe you can also change owb binary name/arexx port on odyssey by default ? Sure on morphos you have no problems as there is no other owbs, but imho even for morphos it worth that odyssey will have binary named odyssey as well as port, and not owb as it now.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

No, i won't change it. MorphOS is preconfigured to use this rexx port, and it would only cause trouble to change it now, since user settings are kept (as they should) when updating the OS.
Besides, some released third party scripts and many users custom configs refer to OWB port as well.
That's just not possible.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Yep, that what i fear .. So solutions to all of this only fix bug in mui on os4 to avoid problems which Andy found, and in case anyone want to use both ra-owb and odyssey at one time do as xenic do.

@xenic
So i will close then your BZ for odyssey about port clasesh and in comment wrote why it can't be done as well as your solution.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »