Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
176 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 176

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

adescent help! (fixed)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've recently bought an old copy of descent from amazon.com, and tried running adescent off the amiga, but the .pig and .hog files are the wrong version. I've tried updating them with the patch from aminet, but it didn't work. I've also run the dos-based patches with pc-task, but it still doesn't like the current files and won't update them. Anybody else have a problem like this? Thanks for any help.

Edited by kvasir on 2007/4/27 8:10:44
Resized Image
Go to top
Re: adescent help!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kvasir

IIRC you can only update to the latest dta files usign a PC :-/ a friend of mine did this so i can play/test adescent.
If you don't have a PC yopu can try with one of the PC emuls available Bochs DosBox PCTask...

Hope it helps

My data files (V1.5 i think)

DESCENT.HOG 6856701
DESCENT.PIG 4920305

#md5sum DESCENT.HOG
c792a21a30b869b1ec6d31ad64e9557e DESCENT.HOG
#md5sum DESCENT.PIG
fa7e48b7b1495399af838e31ac13b7da DESCENT.PIG

Go to top
Re: adescent help!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jabirulo

found the data patches, one on aminet, and another for pc on google. I wasn't able to patch the copy I had, because it was apparently pre-1.0. The other day, I was in a thrift shop, and came accross another copy of descent for US$1 (along with a 6-button sega gamepad, a 2-button pc-propad, and a non-keyed ide cable), and tried using that. Same prob, wrong version of .pig/.hog files, so I fired up pc-task, and applied the patches. did a copytoa with the patched .pig and .hog files, (copytoa is on of the ms dos proggies included with pc-task, allowing to copy from the pc "C:" drive to an amiga drive) and it works! Unfortunatly, no joystick support. I tried using joymac with it, but it doesn't work all that well. I think there's another version on aminet somewhere, I'll check that out too. Thanks for the help!

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post