Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The X500 Evo - mechanical keyboard and more!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
OK ladies and gentlemen,

You leave me no choice…it’s time to unleash my secret weapon.

With 12 days to go I’ve given in once more to requests from some of you who wanted a mechanical keyboard inside the X500 so, here it is:

The X500 Evo.

The X500 Evo is a modified version of the X500 Plus (sides, cover and aluminium have been modified at great cost) and it's been designed for a FULL SIZE MECHANICAL KEYBOARD with Cherry MX Switches (keyboard model to be announced soon). The case will come with everything you'd expect: slim SATA DVD-RW drive with SATA cable, 3.5" internal USB card reader, 2x40mm silent fans, 2x50mm silent fans and your choice of LED colour (white, amber, red, green, blue) for Power and Drive Activity, PCI-Express x16 riser card (for your graphics card).

You can also get the EVO with a FULL SET OF LASER ETCHED Amiga key caps (white and light beige) with LASER ETCHED LANGUAGE LAYOUT (no adhesives this time). I’ve spent a few months making these caps and they should fit almost any mechanical keyboard.

Mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX switches come with Red, Black, Brown or Blue MX Switches, some are clicky some are not but they are all awesome. Using one right now.

The colour of the case hasn’t been decided yet.

For those of you who have already pledged for the X500 Plus and want to get the X500 Evo just change the pledge and make your choice, remember you've got until the 31st March.

I’ll post photos of the first prototype as soon as the funding ends and delivery will start 5-6 weeks after.

First come first served.

X500 Evo choices

Thank you.

Go to top
Re: The X500 Evo - mechanical keyboard and more!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Forgot to add, the mechanical keyboard I'm testing has an LED behind the Caps Lock key...

Go to top
Anonymous
Great secret weapon - for those that can afford it!
Let us know what is mechanical cherry keyboard model, and how Vevo looks and feels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks vox!

Added the WAIT FOR ME 2 REWARD. so pledge £150 and pay for the X500 Evo later.

Cheers!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks everyone!

Keep them coming, one week to go.

I'm working on the Amiga key caps for those of you who have expressed interest.

The keys will be white as in my A1200 keyboard (the only thing I've got left after selling everything!)

and beige for the function keys etc...actually a light beige as I can't find a dark/aged beige/brown...

I've spent months (on and off) trying to copy the letters and symbols as much as my eyes and caliper allowed me to...

These will replace the original black mechanical keyboard keys. Easy to pop off and on.

I'll post photos and video of the Evo as soon as I've finished the CAD and the factories have cut the parts.

Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TheDaddy:

Any plans to offer a chance to purchase the Laser-etched external keyboard via kickstarter reward?

--Barry Steenbergh

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi L8Knight,

I'm working on it...you're in the U.S.A. so it would probably make sense for you to buy the American version of the mechanical keyboard (ANSI standard) and for me to send you the laser etched key set for it...

You can pledge the required amount via Kickstarter and you can also email me via Kickstarter too.

Thanks!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TheDaddy

It looks like you have reached the goal. Congrats !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@everyone

If you're thinking of pledging THIS is the time. Upgrade to an X500 Evo or pledge £1, £5, £20 for a nice keyring...it's not over yet...someone has just pulled out!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've just finished polishing all the key rings (key fobs), next a few photos of the mechanical keyboard.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Everyone...

If you want to upgrade from the Plus to the Evo, please do it now so I know how many keyboards and laser etched Amiga keycaps to order.

Thanks!

3 days to go.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
1 DAY LEFT! GO, GO , GO!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Less than two hours!

Final rush!

Go to top

Register To Post