Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Debugger for GCC-compiled Amiga3 programs?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I've been working on a project that until recently had both Amiga3 and SDL support. Having deprecated the Amiga code and worked on the SDL spin, I'm now trying to update the Amiga-specific code.

However, I'm getting a mystery segfault and I'm not sure exactly what is causing it. The error seems to occur in code that shouldn't be terribly different between Amiga and SDL (and the SDL version works), and trying GDB (since the code has been created with a GCC cross-compiler) doesn't work - GDB won't run the program.

Could anyone advise on any program for classic Amiga that might be able to shed some light on the segfault?

Thanks, Matt.

Go to top
Re: Debugger for GCC-compiled Amiga3 programs?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry, didn't realise you were asking about OS3.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Re: Debugger for GCC-compiled Amiga3 programs?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@CaptainHayashi

I remember one version that seemed to work but that was so long ago and all I did was compile mudcodebases!

anyway, I found almost an identical post of yours asking for the same solution and the reply was:

Quote:

Try BDebug in the Barfly package...

http://aminet.net/dev/asm/BarflyDisk2_00.lha

Make sure you have debug info in the executable. You will still probably need some knowledge of assembler.

You should also use tools like MuForce/Muguardian Angel (includes MungWall functionality). There are often illegal reads or writes or corrupted memory allocations before a crash. The Mu tools are on Aminet as well.

maybe that will help maybe not...

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post