Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 145

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

MUI and NList Questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi all, I've recently decided to learn to program using MUI, and it's all going well so far - thought totally new to me compared to GadTools! I'm programming in AmiBlitz and so far I haven't found much it can't do with MUI, seeing as most stuff with MUI just uses DoMethod etc.

Anyway, I've a bit of a problem with the NList class: In a multi-column list I don't know how to find out the currently selected item if the items have been moved around (e.g. by dragging or sorting). Reading MUIA_List_Active gives me the entry number, but if the order's changed it doesn't mean anything. DoMethod with MUIM_NList_GetEntry will give me the contents of the first column but that's no good either if I have more than one entry with the same string in the first column.

I'm not looking for specific Blitz code here, more a general method for figuring out which item(s) is/are selected so I can act on them. Thanks for any pointers! (pardon the pun)

Go to top

Register To Post