Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to set vertices in compositing ?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Could somebody teach me how to use COMPTAG_VertexArray tag of compositing ? There's in the header file that there's would exist more info in autodocs but I couldn't find any.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Re: How to set vertices in compositing ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Maybe you should Google for Vertex or VertexArray

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

I've googled it. I'm not making any complex game I'm trying to make desktop effects. And I want to make it as efficient as possible and reduce memory usage. And I don't want to mix multiple libraries if a single function from graphics.library can do the job. Usually examples in internet are for Winblows, Linux or Mac and my experiences are that they doesn't necessarily work on our platform (not out of the box at least). And they doesn't answer to my question. I read Warp3D autodocs and it suggest to use W3D_Vertex for vert arrays. I've initialized it with what I assume is correct (using example from my working Warp3D app). But I can't get it to work with CompositeTags(). Header file told there's more details somewhere in autodocs but there's not. Some Composite stuff is using fix var instead of floats so I don't know should I use fix or float with this vertex array. If I can't make this work I have to stay with my original implementation but I have to use (AFAIK) some temp buffers/bitmaps which increases memory usage. And all people doesn't have 128M Radeons. And there's other benefits in this compositing function over any minigl/opengl/othergl. Compositing itself spends a lot of memory alone.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

I belive Warp3D is becoming obsolete,
you should look at MiniGL2.0 and this API's and structures.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

You really didn't bother to read what I said. That kinds of comments doesn't help anybody.

@everybody else
I really want that missing promised documentation.

Warning:
I'm in very bad mood.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post