Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Problem with SDK and AmiCygnix
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd
Quote:

Ah - so you mean, that it would be better for you NOT to set ENVARC:PATH?

Yes. It would be better if it was in ENVARC:AmiCygnix so that there are no conflicts with other *nix based programs.
Quote:

The problem appeared here caused by "idesk", the desktop manager. Sometimes idesk seems not to be killed, when AmiCygnix is stopped. If you relaunch AmiCygnix, idesk opens the timer.device all the time. I suggest to stop idesk by sending a break signal with "Scout" (or similar program) before starting AmiCygnix again.
But most times idesk works o.k.

I just tried starting AmiCygnix after a reboot and did not see the continuous opening of the timer.device. It would be nice if you could fix that eventually because it creates and unnecessary burden on AmigaDOS that could slow down the entire system. Snoopy doesn't show if the device is being closed each time it is opened but if not I would think that the timer.device open count would overflow eventually. I just checked the open count with Ranger and that doesn't appear to be the case; the open count is stable.

Oops. I rebooted before going online and started AmiCygnix after beginning this message. It is continuously opening timer.device again. This behavior seems to be somewhat inconsistant since it didn't do it when I opened AmiCygnix after a reboot but before starting other programs. Maybe it has something to do with being online (dialup connection). Maybe I messed up some AmiCygnix network settings if there are any. I didn't pay much attention to that.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)