Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 139

balaton, MickJT, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OWB 3.x on own screen
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
HI all, since OWB 3.x I cannot get OWB to open on it's own screen. It was working fine before.

I have my OWB screen defined in screens prefs, as per the readme file.

I launch OWB, I see the splash screen and it is clear OWB loads and starts--somewhere. The mouse disappears as if it is opening on its own screen. Pressing Amiga-M brings my mouse back to the workbench (but screen doesn't physically switch switch). Dragging Workbench screen down shows nothing behind it (eg. it is black).

Testing my screenmode works fine, it opens ok.

Anyone have any ideas? I have the Tooltype:

PUBSCREEN=OrigynWebBrowser enabled and I have a screen defined in screens prefs with same name (which worked fine on 2.x).

The screenmode is set as 1696x1056 to avoid the OS 4.x graphical bug. Actual width and height is set to 1680x1050.

As I said, this all worked fine before...anyone have any ideas?

NOTE: it is quite possible that OWB is opening not on my Radeon 9250 but on my Radeon 7000 instead, even though it is set to open on the 9250....I have a PCI Radeon 9250 installed in my MicroA1 set as the Workbench. I don' t have a monitor hooked up to the 7000 ...but I guess I should check it :)

Edit 2: OK it is opening on the Radeon 7000 - even though I have no monitor file in Devs:monitors for the 7000. Must be a bug.

Go to top
Re: OWB 3.x on own screen
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@HammerD

I tried PUBSCREEN=Workbench2 (have such screen defined on Screens_Prefs) and started OWB (not OWBLauncher, just the browser itself) and it opened on its own screen.
Maybe the WINDOW#? tooltypes in OWB are too large to fit in your defined screen?

if your defined screen is 1024x768 try these values:

WINDOWLEFT=50
WINDOWTOP=50
WINDOWWIDTH=800
WINDOWHEIGHT=600

Hope it helps. BYE

Go to top

Register To Post