Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Can't turn of Maprom
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
While waiting to see if a computer repair guy can resurrect my AmigaOne I thought I would try to convert my A1200 with BlizzardPPC to OS4. When I try to power up with the escape key down my 1084 comes up with a black and white screen that displays a bunch of spikes. No amount of fiddling with the buttons and knobs on my monitor makes it settle down so I can read what is on the screen. Anyone have any help for me?

Go to top
Re: Can't turn of Maprom
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tlm

I guess you are using a VGA mode, IIRC there was a key to switch back to PAL/NTSC mode mentionned in the last flashrom update. The only other solution wold be to connect a VGA monitor however beware PC monitors are prone to be less tolerant about outbound frequencies...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Re: Can't turn off Maprom
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

I assume you mean the last flash rom for Classic OS4? Don't I need to be able to boot into OS4 before I update the flash rom? I will try hooking it up to a VGA monitor and see what happens. thanks.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
I assume you mean the last flash rom for Classic OS4?

There is no flash ROM update for OS4. We are talking about the flash ROM of the BPPC. It holds the firmware of the BPPC, for example the SCSI driver or the menu you reach with Esc.

Quote:
Don't I need to be able to boot into OS4 before I update the flash rom?

The update should be done from 3.x, it does not run on OS4. Hold down both mouse buttons immediately after power-on and choose "boot without startup sequence". Then hold down the A key to disable the BPPC altogether. Then run the update program.

http://powerup.amigaworld.de/index.php?lang=en&page=13

Bye,
Thomas

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thomas

Thanks for the info. I've had my BPPC for a long time but didn't realize there was an update out there (at least I don't think I did). I found it on Aminet.

Edited by tlm on 2008/8/17 1:26:31
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thomas

I hooked up a VGA monitor and was able t see the BPPC settings. After some false starts I have 4.0 installed on my A1200. Thanks for your help.

Go to top

Register To Post