Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

eide to usb possible?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Dear all,

I have just had merry fun getting my towered A1200 back from the dead after a system disk crash. The real pain involved getting information from the internet (PC) to the Amiga - no internet - using floppies. It was not fun!

Does anyone know of a way to connect an A1200 with eide and not a lot else to a card reader? I have not idea if it has a clock port and cannot get at the card thingy while it is in the tower.

Thought I saw the solution in Maplins (uk electronics store) as they were selling a dvd drive with card slots, but it turns out that the drive connects via eide and the card reader via usb. Not a lot of good. You can get adaptors that go from usb to eide, but has anyone seen one that goes eide to usb?

J.

<edit>

Hmmm, I just picked up Linux Format (in the UK) and there was a project in there that uses an eide to compact flash adaptor. You can also get compact flash to sd card adaptors. So an adaptor in and adaptor... Snag is that the eide to compact flash adaptor looks like it fits directly onto the eide interface, so you loose an entire bus and does not appear to be jumperable as a drive. Of course there is no guarantee it would work on an Amiga's 4 port extender anyway. Ho hum.
</edit>

Edited by cogvos1 on 2008/4/7 20:15:40
Go to top

Register To Post