Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The Elf will not cooperate with me
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK, so I'd like to try OWB, and the first time I couldn't get it to open. So I have loaded it up again, this time also installing the necessary stuff into sys:sobjs as instructed.
Just like the last time, it will not run.
If I start it from a shell, I get a popup requester from ELF.library stating "unknown/unsupported reloc" and the command line error is "owb:file is not executable".
Since I seem to be the only one with this problem, I'm guessing I have hosed up something about my install,but I'm hoping I won't have to wipe SYS: and re do it from scratch. (that sounds too much like windows for me!)

I'm on a micro-C with the July update, it should be pretty close to "stock", but I have done some thrashing when I've looked for other problems before.

Suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,
Lyle

Go to top
Re: The Elf will not cooperate with me
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LyleHaze

Quote:

LyleHaze wrote:
OK, so I'd like to try OWB, and the first time I couldn't get it to open. So I have loaded it up again, this time also installing the necessary stuff into sys:sobjs as instructed.
Just like the last time, it will not run.
If I start it from a shell, I get a popup requester from ELF.library stating "unknown/unsupported reloc" and the command line error is "owb:file is not executable".
Either your elf.library isn't the one from the July update (52.4), or the OWB executable or one of the shared objects is corrupted. It doesn't have to be one of the 3 shared objects only required for OWB, check libc.so, libgcc.so, libstdc++.so, etc. as well, try for example if Python works or you get errors for that as well.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LyleHaze

I had the same problem, but I downloaded owb 1.12 lha which includes the .so objects and now it works. Is that what you've used? If not, try it. Another thing, sometimes unarc decompresses the files corrupted, I have no clue why. I had to unpack them on the peecee with winrar then move them to miggy, try that too and tell us if it helped.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thread

OK, a quick check before I am off to work..

4.OS4:> version sys:kickstart/elf.library.kmod
elf.library 52.1

I think that's the problem.
I wonder if I've screwed up any other kickstart modules, too?

I'll try fixing this after work today.
Thanks to both for your help! I'll report back
when I get better news.

Lyle

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LyleHaze

That should be ("version elf.library full"):
elf.library 52.4 (24.5.07)