Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 87

MickJT, more...

Support us!

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

Feedback for make 4.4.1
Site Builder
Site Builder


See User information
A few days ago I shared with you all an experimental newer version of make v4.4.1. If you would like to test it with your projects and give me your feedback, that would be great. You may find it at https://git.walkero.gr/walkero/make/releases/tag/4.4.1-beta3

Make sure to backup the older make and gmake executables from the SDK:C/ folder.

Please, use this topic for it and if you provide me with repositories I could reproduce the issues, that would help me fix the problems.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
@walkero

BTW make beta fails building OS4 telegram:
#make -f Makefile.amigaos4 
make: *** No rule to make target 'build/TelegramAmiga.obj/core/tg_gui_window.o', needed by 'build/TelegramAmiga'.  Stop.

#version SDK:C/make file full
make 4.4.1 (23-06-2026)

#make533 -f Makefile.amigaos4 
make533[1]: Entering directory `/Devel/SDK/ejemplos/NETWORK/telegram-amiga-main_006'
mkdir -p build/TelegramAmiga.obj/core/
gcc -Wall -Wextra -O2 -Iinclude -gstabs -ISDK:include/include_h -ISDK:include/netinclude -DTG_ENABLE_GZIP_PUFF=1 -Ithird_party/puff -c core/tg_gui_window.c -o build/TelegramAmiga.obj/core/tg_gui_window.o


Seems the "faulty" line is:
HDRS_ALL := $(wildcard include/*.h) $(wildcard third_party/*/*.h)


with make v53.3 no problems.


https://github.com/kaffeine1/telegram- ... 6#issuecomment-4922137747

Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
My question for @jabirulo is this - why use arcane overcomplicated features of the latest make for a greenfield project? Sure, having the latest gnu make for cross compiling webkit and such is important, but surely the solution to your Telegram problem is 'don't use features in your Amiga only target makefile not supported by Amiga versions of make'

Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
@NinjaCyborg
Not sure I understand your reply, sorry.
I'm not the author of TelegramAmiga, just testing building "nightly builds" and reported my issues to its author and walkero.

Walkero already explained such beta isn't based on "old" v53.3, as he couldn't find proper sources and some "features" are missing on make beta.

Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Site Builder
Site Builder


See User information
@everyone

Can you please provide me with repositories that you know that compile on AmigaOS 4? I need to test the new make with them, and resolve possible issues. Thank you.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
@walkero

another issue I found is that just executing make, then in CLI/Shel I type "Set" command I get a bunch of variables that should show (not sure but look like all from root ENV/ENVARC)
#make441 clean
Cleaning compiler objects...
#set
ADRipper.centaurz.free.fr.xml   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
ADRipper_1.centaurz.free.fr.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
AISS                            AISS 4.22 (27.12.16)
AmigaAMP.PlaylistPos            89
AmigaAMP.prefs                  [AmigaAMP Config File]
AmigaAMP.prefs1                 [AmigaAMP Config File]
AmiGS.prefs                     TOOLBARTYPE=0 TOOLBARORIENTATION=0 ZOOM="100" PUBSCREEN="Workbench" FULLSCREEN=NO ANTIALIASING=YES INITIALFILEREQDISABLED=NO PRINTERID=58 PRINTINTERPRETERSTARTTIMEOUT=10 PRINTRESOLUTIONTYPE=0 PRINTHDPI=300 PRINTVDPI=300 PRINTANTIALIASING=NO PRINTOUTPUTFIL
AmiPhoto.1.xml                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Annotate.autoupdate             1478908015
Annotate.xml                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
AUPath                          DH0:System/AmiUpdate
BasiliskII_prefs                disk PROGDIR:MacOS755.HFV
BasiliskII_prefsOLD             disk MacOS81.HFV
BasiliskII_XPRAM                
Charset                         ISO-8859-15
checksys.database               
checksys.ignores                
checksys.snapshot               
ContextMenus.cfg                CM_PRESET,SEPARATOR,bar
contextmenus.cfg.ORIG           CM_PRESET,SEPARATOR,bar
deficons.prefs                  ################################################################################
DefMidiOut                      Timi
DiskImageGUI.a500.org.xml       <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
EDITOR                          SYS:Utilities/NotePad
FDTRANS_HOME                    SDK:Documentation/Tools/FDTrans/
filer.filetypes                 {
filer.prefs                     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
filer.userbuttons               {
gitconfig                       [credential]
I_KNOW_MUI_IS_BETA              1
I_KNOW_YAM_IS_UNDER_DEVELOPMENT 1
Kickstart                       54.79
Language                        español
LanguageName                    spanish
lpr.device                      HOST=192.168.1.230 RAW
lwRTG.cfg                       
MAKEFLAGS                       
MAKELEVEL                       1
MFLAGS                          
Mixer.prefs                     MIXER1_35
MPlayer-GUI.xml                 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
myApacheStarter3.xml            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
NeoGUI.Ami603.es.xml            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
OWB_POLLTIME                    1
PGPPath                         Utilidades:Misc/PGPdata
PicShow.defaults                FILE         = Utilidades:DIBUJOS/PicShowNav.iff
PortablE_Installation           Devel:PortableE/
Process                         11
qt.prefs                        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Ranger.prefs                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
RC                              0
ReqTools.prefs                  
Result2                         0
RunInUAE.cfg                    uaeexe  = Utilidades:Emul/UAE/uae
RunInUAE_path                   Utilidades:Emul/UAE/RunInUAE
RunInUAE_uaedir                 Utilidades:Emul/UAE
RunInUAE_wbpath                 Utilidades:Emul/UAE/RunInUAE/WB31
scannerdevice.prefs             SCANNERPREFS
SimpleCatPath.prefs             FORM
SMTube.ini                      <MPLAYER>APPDIR:MPlayer13
SRec.a500.org.xml               <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
SView5.config                   OPTION_LOAD=DISK
TVPaint.config                  FORM
TwinVNCHosts                    192.168.1.196:5901
TZONE                           CET-1CEST-2
USER                            JavI
VBAGUI.Ami603.es.xml            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
VBCC                            vbbc:
VIEWER                          SYS:Utilities/MultiView
VPDF.config                     MUIA_VPDFSettings_Layout 0x1
Workbench                       53.21
XPKatana.prefs                  KATANA1
_LastCommand                    make441
_LastCommandArgs                clean
_mchar                          ||
_pchar                          |
_RunTime                        0.151169
_ShellVersion                   53.20
_warpup_kludge                  1
#

Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


See User information
@walkero

another issue.
In Makefile I have/use:
OS := $(shell uname)

ifeq ($(strip $(OS)),AmigaOS)
    
AMIGADATE = $(shell c:date LFORMAT %d.%m.%Y)
else
    
AMIGADATE = $(shell date +"%-d.%-m.%Y")
endif
...
CFLAGS := $(INCPATH)
CFLAGS += -O2
CFLAGS 
+= -D__AMIGADATE1__=\"$(AMIGADATE)\"
...

and then make:
#make441 -f Makefile_structVBCC DEBUG=
Compiling: main.c
No match 
for 30-09-2026
>
error 260 in line -1 of "main.c": unfinished string at end of line
1 error found
!
vbccm68k falló con el código de retorno 20
vbccm68k 
-quiet "main.c" -o= "T:t_12_0.asm" -I. -Iincludes/ -IVBCC:OS32/muiinclude/ -IVBCC:OS32/netinclude/ -IVBCC:OS32/local/ -D__AMIGADATE1__="Miércoles -hunkdebug -amiga-softfloat  -O=1023 -Ivincludeos3: failed
vc falló con el código de retorno 20
make441: *** [Makefile_structVBCC:131: main.o] Error 20
#


Soemthing strange with c:date output
AMIGADATE = $(shell c:date LFORMAT %d.%m.%Y)

it should be "30.09.2026", but set it to "Miércoles 30-09-2026 17:48:44" (full date), partianlly workarounded/solved by adding quotes:.

AMIGADATE = $(shell c:date LFORMAT "%d.%m.%Y")

Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Site Builder
Site Builder


See User information
@jabirulo

About the environment variables, do you have the same with the old 53.x version?

About the date, I have a new version that I put in a makefile
echo $(shell c:date LFORMAT "%d.%m.%Y")

and gave me the right date as 30.09.2026.

I will make a new release, as soon as I test more repositories.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: Feedback for make 4.4.1
Site Builder
Site Builder


See User information
For any brave person out there, I created a new beta release of make 4.4.1 at https://git.walkero.gr/walkero/make/releases/tag/4.4.1-beta4

After I used it to compile many different projects, I decided to make this available for more tests by the community.

Please, test it and let me know how it works. If a repository of yours fails, please share it with me.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top

  Register To Post

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 ( 0 members and 1 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2024 The XOOPS Project