Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 159

orgin, FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: PCI device memory from BAR under qemu alwys zero
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

If it's the latter, then check whether the master and memory enable bits are set in the PCI_COMMAND register (enable I/O accesses
too if you have an I/O BAR). You need to enable those bits in order to access the memory.

I think that could be what I'm missing. At least this I never read/heard of yet, compared to what balaton, jeorg etc wrote. That
all I knew from the virtio spec etc.

Another topic which comes to my mind. do I have take care of the cpu caches? Maybe I just writing/reading into/from the cache and the real memory isn't updated?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Yeap that made the trick:

pciDevice->WriteConfigWordPCI_COMMAND,0x002 pciDevice->ReadConfigWordPCI_COMMAND ) );

Now i get other stuff than zeros!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MigthyMax

Great that you got it working.

Quote:
Another topic which comes to my mind. do I have take care of the cpu caches? Maybe I just writing/reading into/from the cache and the real memory isn't updated?

No. Cache behaviour isn't emulated. You can assume that the caches are always coherent, and flushing/invalidating isn't necessary.

At least, I've never seen physical virtio hardware (which could theoretically be done).

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)