Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Wet v6.9 installation - solved
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I downloaded the Wet 6.9 install archive and attempted to install the new Wet program on my X1000 with OS4FEupdate2 installed. The readme said the patch would work on v6.7+ and I have v6.7 installed. The log file indicated that the installation worked but my Wet file had the same date (date if 6.7 version) and the version command reported it was still version 6.7. When I ran a digital comparison of the supposedly updated Wet and a copy of version 6.7 the result was that they are identical.

I ran the patch command line from a shell to see if that would work and the GPatch program reported "No matching patches." The new guide was copied correctly by the installer but the patch appears to fail.

Has anyone else correctly installled Wet 6.9?? Was the Wet file date changed to the install date and does the version command show version 6.9?

Edited by xenic on 2022/7/18 19:10:42
Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Re: Wet v6.9 installation
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic

It should update. Try copying the executables from the full archive back over and then running the update again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
#version Wet67 file full
Wet 6.7 ( 7-02-2019)
AmigaOS4
#GPatch Wet67 wet68.patch DIRECT RECURSIVE
Applying patches (pass 2) to Wet 6.8 (10.6.2022) AmigaOS4... OK
New file is Wet 6.9 (13.7.2022) AmigaOS4
Original file Wet67 replaced.
#version Wet67 file full
Wet 6.9 (13-07-2022)
AmigaOS4
#

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

The latest full archive I have is v6.5. All my more recent versions are patched versions. Maybe I missed an archive with the executables. I tried Installing the v6.9 update on my current v6.7 several times with no luck. I also cold booted to an older OS4FEupdate1 partition and tried the the 6.9 update; which failed too.

I had D/L the v6.8 update but never got around to install it. I tried updating with the v6.8 update but that patch didn't work either. Maybe my v6.7 Wet file is somehow corrupted but it works. If the v6.9 update is working on other peoples systems (like jabirulo) then the problem must be with my OS4 system or my current Wet 6.7 file.

Thanks for replying and I'll try some more things tommorrow.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jabirulo
Thanks a lot. That binary updated to v6.9 correctly. I don't know how I ended up with a v6.7 that is a different size than the one you pointed out to me. The v6.7 file that I had worked but could not be patched.

Problen solved!

Go to top
Re: Wet v6.9 installation - solved
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
It's possible the 6.7 in the archive (which is the one I created the patches off of), and the 6.7 created from patching up older versions are different. I didn't check. I want to change the OS4 patch so it just copies the new binary over (there's not much advantage to using gpatch on ELF binaries), but that involves changing the Installer script significantly so I haven't bothered.

Go to top

Register To Post