Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Code editor (boring)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I built this today and thought, that I'd like to share.

Qt 4.7 code editor (X5000 project)

It is the simplest code editor, you can create in Qt 4.7, and it has been written, built and tested on my sparkly new X5000.

If anyone have ideas for further improvement, I am more than happy to hear. If you want to build it for yourself, I can definitely be of assistance. And if you want to try, but don't want to hazzle with compilers, then I can send you a readymade executable. Just remember, you need to install Qt 4.7 as well.

If you have comments, please keep in mind, that the goal is simplicity and if possible as few features as possible. I am not going to re-create your favorite code editor from another platform, rather I am going to supply you with the essentials of what you need.

Happy friday!

Go to top
Re: Code editor (boring)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just thinking out loud, I wonder if any of the patches made to get Qt to run on Symbian OS, which should be open source too somewhere, are helpful in making it compile properly on Amiga given there are many similar limitations to both OSes

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

The Symbian code is integrated into the main Qt repo. At least it used to be, so I would be surprised, if it changed. In fact I did use some of these solutions, slightly modified, to power the AmigaOS version.

EDIT : Does AmigaBounty still exist, and if so, which is the address?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

Thanks, that's interesting to discover ! (as an Amiga guy who worked at Symbian).

I don't know about AmigaBounty but there was a thread here recently about that sort of thing in general which should discuss the active options.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Looks like AmigaBounty has been shutdown. It was at https://amigabounty.net/. Many content creators are now on Patreon. That might be a good direction to get you some extra money and motivation. I'd be good for $5 a month to support your work.

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

I'll be glad to test it on my SAM460ex/Qt47 environment.

Does it compile under AmigaOS4 or do I need crosscompiler?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tekmage

Thanks for the tip. I might do a move in that direction.

@jabirulo

It should build on AmigaOS as long as you have Qt installed. I believe, there are different distributions, you need the one with both the libraries and the header files. Also, remember to use gmake in place of make for Unix style path handling.

Go to top

Register To Post