Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Internet speed test that works in Odyssey?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there an internet speed test website that works in Odyssey?
I used to use this one but it quit working recently. The Start button is no longer recognized.

https://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: Internet speed test that works in Odyssey?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

I found this one some years ago, and it's always worked well for me: testmy.net

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Try http://fast.com

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've recently stumbled across another Internet speed test site that works with Odyssey: speedof.me

There is one issue: The time it takes to draw the progress display substantially slows the test, even on an X1000, resulting in an inaccurate result. To get around this I open a second tab in Odyssey, and switch to it as soon as I click the 'Start Test' button, thereby hiding the speed test tab. By watching the network activity indicators in the lower right corner of the Odyssey window I can tell when the test is complete, and I can safely switch back to the speed test tab to see the test results.

There's also currently a version of the test without all the graphics at: speedof.me/api/doc/sample1.html
It doesn't require any workarounds, but is really intended as a demo of their API and so may not continue to be available.

Compared to testmy.net this site tends to show somewhat faster speeds, at least for me. Based on other testing (downloading large files from web sites) I believe the testmy.net results are more accurate. YMMV. The testmy.net test is also more configurable, allowing you to choose the test upload/download sizes and select which server to use. Still, it's nice to see another site that actually works with Odyssey.

Go to top

Register To Post