Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Picasso96Mode screen problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The other day I was trying to recreate the authentic 1084 CRT look following the guide provided with the RunInUAE guide, section Tips&Tricks.
I read the link provided and followed the steps creating the appropriate mode, but on the final step clickin on "Test" button it failed with a message "Screen too large for this card".

After searching the fora, I found a post dated 2004 refering this problem as "..a bug in rtg.library (fixed meanwhile). The AmigaOne.card passes a boardname to rtg.library that is too long for the library causing a buffer overflow.".

Is this the case? Shouldn`t be fixed by now? Is something else the culprit?

My configuration:
S/W OS4.1FE
H/W Sam440Flex, ATi 9250, CRT Sony G200

Go to top
Re: Picasso96Mode screen problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Cass

That's probably not the problem, in fact rtg.library no longer exists in FE, it's been merged into graphics library

If you have a tft/led/lcd monitor DO NOT use picasso96mode and create non standard modes.

The instructions you went through are for setting up a CRT before we had DDC support, now you don't need to do anything but use the default modes. if what you are looking for isn't there then go into screenmode prefs, monitor tab and set all modes to on, save and reboot, you should then have 320x240 and 640x480 available, use those and euae will scale things automatically

DO NOT try and use pal stuff in fullscreen mode, you will lose lines

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

I do have a CRT Multiscan monitor (Sony G200), but there are some questions that rose after this test:

1. Is the bug really fixed after the integration of rtg.library to the graphics.library? If so, why does the error message reappear?

2. I want to recreate the authentic PAL look (see the monitor photos in the guide link). How is this supposed to be achieved?

My last try was to ignore Prefs/Picasso96Mode (what`s the real use of it?) and add 320x256@50 VSYNCMIN=50 to the "Devs/Monitors/Radeon 9250" .info file. The result is that the resolution is ignored! I do have the same gfx card the guide uses as an example (ATi 9250) , so it should be able to recreate the resolution.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Cass

1. No idea to be honest. It may not be graphics.library, it maybe radeon.chip, pcigraphics.card etc.

2. The problem is ALL gfx cards are NTSC, they do not support 320x256, only 320x240, so getting them to show 320x256 is tricky. You also need to ignore all the numbers used in that guide and get the correct ones for your monitor.

Then there's your monitor itself...

It's made for the american market, probably never designed to display PAL. It's using 60Hz not 50Hz which will change all the timings. DAX is in Italy using a 50hz PAL monitor

My suggestion is to use a 640x480 screen via a VGA cable and see if the monitor will adjust the display enough to fill the screen.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post