Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
194 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 193

jabirulo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Faulty download and installation of Jack for AmigaOS
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I tried several times to download Jack for AmigaOS usin the files at OS4depot and Aminet, but in both cases I got error messages saying that the files were corrupt.

Then I downloaded the file in my MorphOS machine and it downloaded fine. So I extracted it there too and then copied the file to my my SAM460ex.

When installing I got a few error messages or warning saying that I needed Python 2.5.5 and some other components, so the program didn't install well.

Any suggestions on how to install it properly? What steps to take?

ADDITIONAL NOTE;: I have noticed that when I download files now, the typical window showing download progress doesn't show up any more, so I have to guess when a download is finished. How to fix this too?

Edited by AmigOS on 2014/2/28 6:34:58
Go to top
Re: Faulty download and installation of Jack for AmigaOS
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
AmigOS wrote:

When installing I got a few error messages or warning saying that I needed Python 2.5.5 and some other components, so the program didn't install well.
Have you installed the latest OS update 6 and all available updates via AmiUpdate after that?

Quote:
ADDITIONAL NOTE;: I have noticed that when I download files now, the typical window showing download progress doesn't show up any more, so I have to guess when a download is finished. How to fix this too?
Which program are you using to download the files? If you are using the old OWB which came with OS4.1, that could explain it, because it didn't have any download progress display. Install MUI-OWB (aka Odyssey) instead - after making sure you're fully updated (it needs a very recent version of MUI 4, for one thing).

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Re: Faulty download and installation of Jack for AmigaOS
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache
Thank you for your answer. Problem solved after installing Odyssey 1.16.

Edited by AmigOS on 2014/3/1 1:44:48
Go to top

Register To Post