Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

DefIcons on WB
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A thing I noticed : If i leave out a file ( e.g. an .adf ) on the WB screen appears as a "Tool" DefIcon, but if I put it away it gets its default icon back (a floppy, open with RunInUAE). Same applies if I copy the "Tool" file to Ram: by drag&drop : automatically gets its defined icon!

Is it a DefIcon thing/setting, or has to do with Workbench (ok in volumes/drawers, "Tool" icon on backdrop nomatter what the filetype is -.adf/.pdf/etc.- !) ?

Go to top
Re: DefIcons on WB
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Left out icons are just a list of files or drawers in a file called .backdrop in the root of the partition. The code for handling those probably hasn't changed since OS3.1 and knows nothing about deficons, deficons won't handle it because it's a line in a text file not a file itself.

Workbench is basically reading that file, looking for each line in the file plus .info and not finding anything so using the default tool icon.

It doesn't matter what the file is, if there's no icon attached to it you'll get a default tool. It can't use project as it has no idea what that file is so could not set default tool etc.

The only way to get the proper icon is to snapshot the deficon before you leave out.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cass

For me it works.
I choose a file without a real icon attached, DefIcons affected a default one and it is displayed ghosted, then I select "leave out" and the icon is displayed on the Workbench... with the same icon as when it was in its drawer.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I can reproduce the bug here easily on my beta system:

1. I select an lha file with no associated .info file (it shows the lha archive deficon).

2. I select "Leave Out" from the Icon menu (it still shows the correct icon as it's cached).

3. I do a soft reboot and now it shows the default project icon (empty page) instead of the lha archive one.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

3. I do a soft reboot and now it shows the default project icon (empty page) instead of the lha archive one.

After some checking I think the reason this doesn't work is simply that DefIcons is not active yet.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ Severin & salass00

Makes sense, thank you.

Go to top

Register To Post