Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ever heard of Amifund?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
There's a site called Amifund that was originally set up so that people could list development projects they were working on and others could donate to help support the developers. Unfortunately it seems that this site is almost completely unknown, and hence it is relatively unused. Even developers hardly know about it.

So, had you heard about it before reading this? Any suggestions for improving it? I think that it could be a useful site. We don't have a donation/bounty site such as those for Aros and Morphos.

The site is still under development but progress stagnated a while ago (well, what's the point if no-one's using it). It's all a matter of this site being used more.

Hans

Go to top
Re: Ever heard of Amifund?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Yep. I know that one.
Here's another in a thread that you posted in:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... hp?topic_id=15867&forum=2

The above was more sophisticated and ambitious and included tools for each individual developer to manage their work on a true project basis, including the ability to enlist their own testers, receive donations, give progress reports, etc.

It was even supported/sanctioned by many VIPs.
Several folks on this site saw the above during beta while it was online for testing and could fill you in on how this was progressing at the time.

I think it's a case of one thing building on another.
If you saw progress on the OS/hardware front, then such sites would again receive attention. Otherwise, sadly, the efforts stymied on one front affects the efforts on other fronts such as managing a dev site.

Go to top
Re: Ever heard of Amifund?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@Hans

Yep. I know that one.
Here's another in a thread that you posted in:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... hp?topic_id=15867&forum=2

The above was more sophisticated and ambitious and included tools for each individual developer to manage their work on a true project basis, including the ability to enlist their own testers, receive donations, give progress reports, etc.

That thread never really said what it was about. It sounds useful though. I have a feeling that Amifund was supposed to head in that direction but lack of interest caused it to stagnate.

I hope that someone that used the beta of that site can comment. Otherwise I can always query wegster over on AW.net.

Hans

Go to top

Register To Post