Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to run a hollywood prog as blanker using Commander SOLVED
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi All

I have downloaded and installed 'Commander' screenblanker module and was hoping to use it to run ACUARIO 2012 a hollywood based 'screensaver' that is not a real screensaver as such.

I was told that 'Commander' was able to run this as a screensaver but I haven't worked out how to do it with module optuions I can see, what am I missing?

Edited by sicky on 2012/5/31 22:58:21
SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: How to run a hollywood prog as blanker using Commander
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Go to Screen Blanker prefs. Select Commander on the list. Then click Module settings / Module prefs button. Then select Acuario as the Blank command. Also remember to set the screen mode. I tested it and unfortunately quitting Acuario leaves an open screen behind which can lead to keyboard and mouse lockup.

If you run Acuario from a script then you can use C:Break NAME="Acuario" as an Unblank command.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Thanks for the tip, I will try it when I get home from work

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

Go to Screen Blanker prefs. Select Commander on the list. Then click Module settings / Module prefs button. Then select Acuario as the Blank command. Also remember to set the screen mode. I tested it and unfortunately quitting Acuario leaves an open screen behind which can lead to keyboard and mouse lockup.

I did all the above and it worked, but have to exit program manually (via Esc key) and get a blank grey screen........ oh well was worth a try!

Maybe someone can figure out a fix

Quote:
If you run Acuario from a script then you can use C:Break NAME="Acuario" as an Unblank command.

Okay, how do I do that?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Write: Run >nil: *>nil: path:to/acuario/Acuario into a file and set its S protection flag/bit and set IconX as the Default Tooltype in the Information window. (path:to/Acuario is where ever you have installed Acuario on your hard drive.) (This little script becomes now the Blank command.)

But this way you will get the same end result anyway. But you don't have to press the Esc key to unblank.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just a little note. Instead of Quote:
Run >nil: *>nil:
you can just use Quote:
Run *><>nil:

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have tested Acuario with Commander and works fine, I touch the ESC key and the ScreenSaver outs perfect, yes perhaps the way to exit isn't perfect with the ESC key but it is because Acuario uses this key to way more easy and more when it has password, but other alternative will be possible some idea?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Templario

Quote:
I have tested Acuario with Commander and works fine, I touch the ESC key and the ScreenSaver outs perfect, yes perhaps the way to exit isn't perfect with the ESC key but it is because Acuario uses this key to way more easy and more when it has password, but other alternative will be possible some idea?

When I tried that when I quit via the Esc key I was left with a blank grey screen!

What screenmode did you set, I'm wondering if that has something to do with it?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I haven't the problem the blank grey screen, I have installed Acuario in other drawer and partition and with Commander I give it the path of Acuario, and it runs, I tested it with the screensaver Prefs, perhaps I have test it normal, with the Amiga runs until the Blanker opens Acuario, the other question instead of only use the ESC key to exit the Acuario, use other system, because the problem is that Acuario uses the keyboards to config the program and choose the options, to exit the Acuario I though with the left mouse button, the space, etc.,

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Sicky

It may be that you haven't disabled the clock in Commander prefs, without the clock it shouldn't open a screen so pressing Esc should quit Aquario normally.

And here's how you can make Commander's "Unblank command" cause Aquario (or any other Hollywood application) to exit as if you had pressed the Esc key:

Download SetSignal from:
http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/SetSignal

Set the Unblank command to:
SetSignal Acuario 12

Now anytime you press a key or move the mouse it will close Acuario but that means you won't be able to change any of its settings with F1..F10 while it's running :-/

Better yet, if you use DPMS to turn the monitor off in the Timing tab of ScreenBlankers prefs, e.g. "Stand-By delay", then a better approach would be to put the SetSignal command in the "StandBy Command" field of Commander Prefs, that way as long as the aquarium is visible you can control it with Esc/F1..F10, and once the screen goes to sleep it will quit Acuario as there's no point in keeping it running in the background so when you return from StandBy the Workbench will be visible right away.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AlexC

Quote:
It may be that you haven't disabled the clock in Commander prefs, without the clock it shouldn't open a screen so pressing Esc should quit Aquario normally.

Yes I had not set clock to 'none'

Quote:
And here's how you can make Commander's "Unblank command" cause Aquario (or any other Hollywood application) to exit as if you had pressed the Esc key:

Download SetSignal from:

SetSignal Acuario 12

I downloaded and put on drive set 'Unblank' to Work:Utilities/SetSignal/Setsignal Acuario 2012 but nothing happens when I press any keys or move mouse! What have I done wrong?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

sicky wrote:
@AlexC

Quote:

Download SetSignal from:

SetSignal Acuario 12

I downloaded and put on drive set 'Unblank' to Work:Utilities/SetSignal/Setsignal Acuario 2012 but nothing happens when I press any keys or move mouse! What have I done wrong?

Just guessing here as I know nothing about SetSignal but I would bet that the argument "12" does not mean "2012" in the context of the command ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billie

I tried both 12 and 2012 as I figured that might be the case!

Go to top

Register To Post