Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Timberwolf plugins
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi All
I am trying to watch video clips on YouTube but Timberwolf states I require plug-ins, I click on update and no plug-ins found! How do I get correct plug-ins?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: Timberwolf plugins
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
You can't, when you go on YouTube TW will search automatically for an Adobe plugin (for Flash support) but obviously a Flash plugin does not exists on AmigaOS yet

So the alternative is to set the YouTube page to read HTML5 video file instead

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Only problem is that our TW version isn't optimized yet for that HTML5 videos support (all will be slow and buggy) so at the end still a similar problem, you can't watch any video inside the browser (yet)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
would be great to know if some kind of plugin could be implemented in this TW state

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

I think yes even at current stage, but have you time to develop (ehm resurrect) a Flash plugin project based to Gnash ? :-/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
You can't, when you go on YouTube TW will search automatically for an Adobe plugin (for Flash support) but obviously a Flash plugin does not exists on AmigaOS yet

So the alternative is to set the YouTube page to read HTML5 video file instead

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Only problem is that our TW version isn't optimized yet for that HTML5 videos support (all will be slow and buggy) so at the end still a similar problem, you can't watch any video inside the browser (yet)

I have dona as you said and now YouTube videos do show within the browser but oh so painfully slow!

But it's a start, first time ever I have seen a video within the browser window on an Amiga

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top

Register To Post