Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 49

328gts, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Att: SSolie, OpenSSH bugs
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hello Ssolie!
I have found some bugs in your openssh port.

Resized Image

First note, that a path needs to be changed into an amigaos path,
else it can't save the known_hosts file.
Prodgir: would be suitable.

Second, when i login, i get crap characters in the terminal that i have to delete... "1;1;38;91 r" ain't supposed to be there...? what are they?

Also, i can login just fine, but when i try to sudo something, i can't enter my password. it's like it doesn't accept enter? I can press ctrl+c to cancel it. But i can't get it to accept the password.
Resized Image

typing "stty icrnl" at the prompt solves the password issue. i don't know what it does, but it works as a workaround. but this should be fixed somehow imo.

Go to top
Re: Att: SSolie, OpenSSH bugs
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Quote:

typing "stty icrnl" at the prompt solves the password issue. i don't know what it does, but it works as a workaround. but this should be fixed somehow imo.

[-]icrnl
translate carriage return to newline

try 'man stty' for more info

It's not a bug, it's the way it works.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues
I think spot want some kind of auto-detection (through dunno if it possible with all those programms which never works as expected). Just when we use let's say putty, or openssh on unix, its all the time working fine, without manual setting of anything. Maybe its openssh, maybe shell (i not expert in that ttys/sttys stuff), but if it shell, then somekind of option like "be like unix on/off", will help a looooot, and many ppls will be very happy to have that on os4 (which do not mean that we unix of course, just have more support, like as with elfs, sobjs, opengl and other stuff)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP
Quote:
First note, that a path needs to be changed into an amigaos path,
else it can't save the known_hosts file.
Prodgir: would be suitable.

Did you follow step 1 in the installation procedures described in the OpenSSH.guide documentation??

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
xenic, no. but this is a port to amigaos, and thus unix path's should be removed. it is a very easy fix. i do it all the time in my ports.
i shouldn't need to set a home variable just to get one app to save it's prefs files. we don't have home on amigaos, and we don't need it atm.

setting $home or assigning home: on my system will screw things up in all sorts of ways as i will not know when one of my ports looks for home: and people will get problems. home: doesn't belong on the amiga, and it's a trivial fix.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@SpotUP
Quote:
xenic, no. but this is a port to amigaos, and thus unix path's should be removed.

I think if it weren't using Amiga paths it wouldn't find the assigned HOME: directory. I think that the error message is what wasn't changed; which is a trivial issue in my view.

Quote:
setting $home or assigning home: on my system will screw things up in all sorts of ways as i will not know when one of my ports looks for home: and people will get problems. home: doesn't belong on the amiga, and it's a trivial fix.

Certain assignments or environmental variables have the potential for collisions between various Linux ports but I don't think HOME: is one of them. Unless you are using 2 different ports of the same program, each program should only be writing to it's own files in the HOME: directory. Isn't accessing the HOME: directory by Linux ports similar to Amiga programs accessing the ENVARC: directory? Dozens of Amiga programs require directory assignments if they are expected to work correctly. Personally, I prefer programs that allow an assignment or TOOLTYPE to specify where files will be written because I keep my System and Program partitions write-protected (locked). When programs insist on writing to PROGDIR: without asking me first, I hex-edit them to use "FROGDIR:" which I have assigned in my user-startup. Lot's of us have different opinions about how an Amiga should work so programmers are unlikely to be able to please everyone.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
I think spot want some kind of auto-detection (through dunno if it possible with all those programms which never works as expected).

How would the system auto-detect what a program expects to receive? Unless OS4 becomes clairvoyant I don't think we'll be seeing a feature like that. However, a terminal emulation option might be a nice feature to have in a new "console", if and when we get that for OS4. The VIncED console that was included with OS 3.9 offers numerous terminal emulations. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get VIncED working on OS4. Maybe someone could get the VIncED sources from Thomas Richter and port it to OS4.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

ssh is not supposed to be second guessing the environment at the other end and providing kludgy workarrounds.

If SpotUp wants to use luinux via a remote terminal he needs to learn to use linux.

That means adding "stty -icrnl" to his .bashrc or equivalent (at the linux end)

If he doesn't like having a permanent HOME: assign he could wrap ssh in a script like so.

.key ARGS/M
.bra {
ket }
;
ssh returns 255 on error so set failat high (might not be the best way but it workss)
failat 256

set myhome 
"notset"
assign HOMEexists >NIL:
if  
WARN
assign HOME
sys:HOME
set myhome 
"set"
endif

ssh {ARGS}

if 
"$myhomeEQ "set"
assign HOMEdismount
endif

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenix

Terminal emulation is not required, whats required is setting the correct term type (and possibly createing a new one to cover the more modern amiga console)

Go to top

Register To Post