Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

daveyw, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Problem with USB stack on Amiga OS 4.1 Update 3
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello

I have a problem on Amiga Os 4.1 Update 3.When I run an emulator my system runs out of memory and the Workbench gives this message:

USB UHCI Error

There are unsolvable problems with the UHCI controller

Reset controller Stop controller

All of this on a dialog window and this have happened many times to me since I installed Update 3 last monday 5.Additionally the Workbench freezes often a lot and I expected better things for Update 3 but this things give me crazy.

I hope that Hyperion can fix it nearly and that this things are minor bugs of a great team who works on a great OS.

Can you point out to what's the solution?

If someone can help me I will be grateful.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Problem with USB stack on Amiga OS 4.1 Update 3
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If you are not using the onboard USB and does not have a VIA USB PCI card you can try commenting out uhci.device from SYS:Kickstart/Kicklayout (it's a text file).

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes I have no USB keyboard and I am not using any VIA USB PCI card neither
so I hope this works.

I have a Manhattan USB card connected to the board USB connectors and I don't know if it is USB 1.1 or 2.0 but I believe that is USB 2.0.

So uncommenting the UHCI line in the Kicklayout would work?

My USB stick has problems and the USB joypad doesn't act as it is.

I don't know really if I am using USB 2.0 on Workbench or USB 1.1 one because for example the USB stick copies files very slower and the device stops working because it says it has an error on block "xxxxxxx".

Thank you.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have no idea if you Manhattan card is VIA/Intel(UHCI) or NEC(OHCI) based (there are typically these two types). But USB2.0 is EHCI.

Putting a semi-colon (;) before the line uhci.device in the KickLayout file will disable the UHCI device and probably stop your problem. But if your card is UHCI based (it has a VIA or intel chip) it will stop working too. You will have to try.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post