Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Gaming controllers on Pegasos 2 running AmigaOS 4.1.2
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello guys,

I don´t post a lot over here. But have been reading a lot lately, because only now i managed to acquire a Pegasos 2 board, and installed my new copy of AOS 4.1 in it.

The main problem so far is with game controllers. I tried 2 USB gamepads. One of them, an older one (can´t remember the brand) freezes the computer, and i have to reboot.

The other one is brand new, but a cheaper one. It´s from Leadership. It works flawlessly on MorphOS, but on AmigaOS4 i can only use the buttons. When i try to calibrate the gamepad it says there´s some problem with the x-y axis, and indeed it doesn´t work.

So i decided to try the Gameport with an older analog joystick. But when i open the AmigaInput prefs with the Joystick Attached (althought counter advised, i tried even to plug the joystick after the computer is on, and the OS4 is running), the gameport driver shows the "Not Working" status.

I´m really lost here, as i thought that the gameport couldn´t go wrong in any way. Is there something i´m overlooking?

Also, is there some list of tested gaming devices on AmigaOS 4.1?

Right now i´m mostly interested in having the gameport working, as this way i can use an adapter for digital joysticks, and plug in my prefered "Amiga" joysticks

Thanks a lot for any help!

Go to top
Re: Gaming controllers on Pegasos 2 running AmigaOS 4.1.2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Mine is Saitek P220, nicely supported by AmigaOS 4.1. You can find this model on some site for 5€

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks man!

In fact i´m not very tempted to buy another controller. I have already a lot of USB controllers and find it very annoying that any of them work on AOS4.1 (at least on Pegasos 2)...

I just thought yeaterday, but haven´t time to test yet, would Poseidon work in OS4? Maybe i could override the OS4 native USB Stack and use Poseidon instead? I know this is crazyness, and that´s not the kind of things i like to do. But i have at least 3 gamepads that are know to work with Poseidon...

Apart from that, i really would like to know how to make the Gameport work in Pegasos. Or maybe it´s not supported?

Thsnks for the help!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Theoretically, you might be able to install the 68k version of poseidon under OS4.1 and disable Sirion by commenting out the relevant lines in kicklayout. In practice though, I think there's no driver in the 68k version of poseidon that supports Pegasos 2's internal usb controller or a pci card, so, it'd be completely pointless to do that. And openpci couldn't help with that either, so....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Vulture

Yeah, i´m thinking just this. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply, man!

Go to top

Register To Post