Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ugly YAM Window - Confirmed and submitted to bugtracker
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Before anyone suggests that I use the YAM ML to report this, that's also a problem now. I made the mistake of unsubscribing my old email before subscribing with my new email. I received a notification email that my subscription request was forwarded to the admins (a week ago). When I send test emails to see if my subscription was accepted, they just disappear into oblivion. At least Yahoo groups will bounce your message if you are not subscribed; freelists seems to suck in that regard. Now for the real point of this topic:

When I resize the main YAM window to it's minimum size, the gadgets hang over the window borders. If I resize the window after that, the results are unpredictable. Sometimes the window resizes and the contents do not. Sometimes the gadgets overhang the border even when the window is larger. Zooming the window from the normal size can also produce a gadget overhand once the problem has started.

Before I add an entry into the YAM bug tracker, can others confirm this problem??

System: YAM 2.6p1 on SAM Flex 800 with OS4.1u2

Edited by xenic on 2011/5/16 16:10:35
Go to top
Re: Ugly YAM Window
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Gave a test now. No problems.

Although when you minimize the window, it's not perfect, but when you resize it again in its original size everything shows normally.

System: YAM 2.6p1 on Peg2 G4 with AmigaOS 4.1 U2

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
If I play around with combinations of zoom and sizing to a minimum, I can get some pretty strange looking YAM windows. I think the minimum window size needs to be set larger within the program to avoid the corrupted display. I think saying it's less than perfect is being a little to kind. None of my other major MUI apps (like IBrowse) act like that. It's not a dangerous flaw but should be fixed.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I can confirm that too. but the a garbled window after resizing it back to normal happened only once and I am no able to reproduce it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I can confirm this but only as long as the YAM window is "active"...click anywhere else outside the window and the it will immidiately be drawn with intact borders again (even in it's small state).

It also happens only if i resize the window to a really small size.
The little letter on the top right is the first gadget that gets drawn over the border, only after that the other gadgets will follow.

As soon as a certain size is reached everything goes back to normal...no unpredictable behaviour here.

YAM2.6p1 [OS4|PPC]
26.09.2010 GCC 4.4.4
AmigaOneXE

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Since others have reproduced the problem to varying degrees, I'll go ahead and file a report in the tracker if I can.
UPDATE: Bug tracker report filed and accepted.

Edited by xenic on 2011/5/16 16:08:30
Go to top

Register To Post