Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
174 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 174

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Terminal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have just managed to get a USB to serial adapter to work on my Windoze machine, so that I can receive debug output from my sam-flex. Now the question is: What kind of terminal software do people use? I can only find trial versions of software online, and the software I'm using now ("Serial Port Monitor") reads newlines as dots (and no newline).

Help appreciated.

Go to top
Re: Terminal
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Hyperterminal.

It's slightly crap (well, it comes with Windows, so what do you expect?), I find the best way to use it is to capture everything to a file and then read that.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

I comes with windows? I can't find it there, only this online:

Quote:
HyperTerminal Private Edition 7.0
HyperTerminal Private Edition is a terminal emulation program. Download now
Size: 3.20MB License: Shareware Price: $59.99 By: Hilgraeve, Inc

I found another little neat program called termine, which does pretty much exactly what I wanted it to

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil
Could that be "termite" ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

I use putty for everything (telnet/ssh/raw data/serial). Putty handle all the terminals , with tons of those differences, with many options (to make scroll buffer big as you wish, save to file, clear or reset all what you want when you want). And its not need any kind of installation, just dl, unpack, and "putty.exe".

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Yes, Putty is a very good prog, I use it like a Telnet terminal, and works verey fine.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
@Chris

I comes with windows? I can't find it there

Start=>Programs=>Accessories=>Communications.

If it isn't there you can add it through Add/Remove Programs (Windows components section, or whereever they've moved that to in 7)

Also check C:\Program Files\Windows NT (!)

It has been part of Windows since at least '95.

Hmm, the Web seems to agree with you that it isn't included any more, although I'm sure I used it on 7 the other week as I needed to use it and was wondering whether it was still a part of Windows - to my "delight" I found it exactly where I expected. Maybe I imagined it. I don't have anything more up-to-date than XP here so I can't double-check.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Chris wrote:
Quote:

Hmm, the Web seems to agree with you that it isn't included any more, although I'm sure I used it on 7 the other week as I needed to use it and was wondering whether it was still a part of Windows - to my "delight" I found it exactly where I expected. Maybe I imagined it. I don't have anything more up-to-date than XP here so I can't double-check.

upgrade to win7 instead of new install?

anyway, putty is very good.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the inputs .

Putty seems good, but how can I make it understand that '\n' means newline AND carriage return??

Until this is fixed, I think I will stick with Termite.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the tag called "Implicit CR in every LF". Putty is good to go

Edited by alfkil on 2011/3/26 23:09:48
Go to top

Register To Post