Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 110

trixie, jarokuczi, samo79, AmigaSociety, sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

USB Drops
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
While the severe attack of the stux worm is ongoing and it may look as prime time for OS4, due to not be in beta stage anymore, taking market share as No1 Nuclear embedded OS in factories of Iran, I have a bigger problem to solve.

I booted my speed daemon, aka SamEp667Mhz, and both my keyboard and my mouse seem to drop (however I don't get any error message).

The story is as follows: I have the devices connected to the correct ports as listed in the Sam manual. The UBoot recognizes both devices. After the AmigaOS splash screen both devices are powered (red light in the MS optical mouse and keyboard leds).

After 30 sec in Workbench, both stop responding and the lights went off.

I replugged the usb cables at the same ports and they powered up once again but after 30 secs again they stopped.

I switched them ports and after 30 secs again they stop responding.

I rebooted (hard/soft) while experiencing the very same behavior.

Any thoughts?

edit: I have AmigaOS 4.1 U2

Go to top
Re: USB Drops
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Cool_amigaN
It has been noticed that the Sam440's *top* USB port seems a bit unreliable with OS4 (but not Linux). Try using a USB hub to plug everything into the bottom USB port.

Could also be that one of your USB devices is confusing OS4's USB stack. Try having only one device plugged in at a time, and see what happens.

Also, try booting off a OS4.1u1 CD, and see if the same problem happens. Maybe your existing OS4 install has some dodgy program doing something, or maybe you have some corrupt files.

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/9/29 9:50:57
Edited by ChrisH on 2010/9/29 9:51:28
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: USB Drops
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Go to top

Register To Post