Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ClipDown and StartOWB
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've been starting OWB with StartOWB, using the "Use this script if you run OWB on Workbench screen WITHOUT OWBLauncher" option.

Very frequently when I change pages, I get an "IconX" alert, telling me that "font family '<different font name each time>' not found." I can't find any reason that a font family would even be sought after in the StartOWB script or in Clipdown.guide.

Can someone tell me how to cure this?

Go to top
Re: ClipDown and StartOWB
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kilaueabart

Guessing you've done this, but have you checked the font is installed in the Fnts drawer? OWB does have a tooltype for UNICODEFONT so it could be looking for the font for this.

What is OWB laucher used for exactly? All it seems to do for me is open a splash picture as OWB loads and OWB takes slightly longer to open so I've never used the launcher.

Does StartOWB come with ClipDown? I can't find it in either the OWB or ClipDown drawers.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
kilaueabart wrote:
Very frequently when I change pages, I get an "IconX" alert, telling me that "font family '<different font name each time>' not found."
Can someone tell me how to cure this?

Ok, I took a quick look at this and was able to duplicate your problem and have a workaround for you.

Workaround:
In the Tooltypes of the Start_OWB icon add the following:
WINDOW=NIL:

Explaination:
When you use IconX to start a script, by default it opens a CON: window if any output is sent to it. In this case OWB is outputing error messages, probably to stderr (which is why you don't normally see these errors). This output is seen by IconX and it opens a window to display them. Setting the WINDOW tooltype to NIL: redirects the IconX output to nowhere so the window doesn't open. The errors are still there of course but they are always there even when not starting with IconX but you just don't see them normally.

How to duplicate errors:
Use StartOWB without the tooltype set as described by Kilauebart.
In OWB, go to UtilityBase
A CON: window will open with the following output:
---------------------------------------------

font family 'tahoma' not found
font family 'lucida grande' not found
Curl ERROR for url='http://leimop.in/ld/corv', error: 'Couldn't resolve host name', 6
----------------------------------------------

Of course the real solution is to figure out why these errors are output but this workaround should let OWB operate the way is normally does without starting from IconX.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks for the solution. It was a petty annoyance, but I'm the kind of person who finds annoyances annoying, so it's nice to be rid of it.

Go to top

Register To Post