Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiUpdate questions: locale, AutoInstall, version checks
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi! As I don't find direct contact addresses to AmiUpdate developers and the mailing list doesn't seem to give answers either I'll try these questions here:

1. I have created Finnish .ct files for AmiUpdate & Prefs. How do I send them to Rigo?

2. The AmiUpdate support code for applications writes the environmental variable data only if the APPDIR: system is not available. Many AutoInstall scripts (like the TuneNet example on the AmiUpdate WWW Help page) need the env variable. How would you modify the AutoInstall scripts to work on both kind of Amiga systems?

3. Does the AmiUpdate server etc. check for new updates automatically or does the developer always have to manually update the database at the AmiUpdate web page?

All in all, I have been very happy with AmiUpdate and specially with applications supporting AutoInstall. It's a pity that some part of the updatable components still have to be installed manually, specially the MUI components that tend to be updated quite often. Of course, not AmiUpdate's fault.

Marko

Go to top
Re: AmiUpdate questions: locale, AutoInstall, version checks
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@blmara

Personally I always sent my catalogs to the author (via mail) then he decide, IMHO the best is to put them in catalogs folder and provide new archive

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@blmara

Quote:
2. The AmiUpdate support code for applications writes the environmental variable data only if the APPDIR: system is not available. Many AutoInstall scripts (like the TuneNet example on the AmiUpdate WWW Help page) need the env variable. How would you modify the AutoInstall scripts to work on both kind of Amiga systems?

Most of those old programs, I would assume, are also still using the old AmiUpdate support code which doesn't have the OS version check.

As for your question I would say it should be as simple as doing something like this (I don't have an OS4 system to check but IIRC APPDIR: stores its env vars in ENV:AppDir):

IF EXISTS ENV:AppDir/TuneNet
Set TuneNet `GetEnv AppDir/TuneNet`
ELSE
Set TuneNet `GetEnv AppPaths/TuneNet`
ENDIF

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@blmara

You can send the catalogs to me directly if you like, and I'll include them for download on amiupdate.net, and in the full-archives.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

As we are here you may upload also the spanish one

http://aminet.net/package/util/sys/AmiUpdateSP

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

I'll post these catalog files as soon as I get your email address. Actually, this was the problem triggering this post in the first place ;->

@salass00

Do you know if this is official and future-proof way to use APPDIR:? If it is, it seems to be easy to implement, thanks a lot!

Marko

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@blmara

Sorry, I thought you had it already.

simon@amiupdate.net

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks!
Marko

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Both the Finnish and Spanish catalogs have been added, so the list of Language files available from the downloads page is now;

Finnish
French
German
Italian
Spanish

Thanks to all those that made these translations a reality.

Simon

PS. If you are going to link to the website, can you make sure you use "www.amiupdate.net" and not the expanded path to the codebench site. Web forwarding is in place to handle the redirection, and if the amiupdate site moves again, your links will no longer work.

----
Go to top

Register To Post