Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Video editing in Blender
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Anyone had any experience with this on the Amiga platform? I'm a film maker and thinking of jumping over to the Amiga for creative endeavours exclusively when the time comes. Simply because it provides the most inspiring environment to work in that I've ever encountered. So if anyone has had any experience with video editing and compositing on the Amiga platform using blender it would be nice if you could share. Thanks.

And if anyone cares, please feel free to visit my site www.oceanarts.net and have a look at my first short Amygdala. There's also a few royalty-free resources you can download for your own projects.

Peace and Love. :)

Go to top
Re: Video editing in Blender
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ocn

I've used blender for editing / tilting a few short music videos, which I've uploaded to youtube.

You can check them out on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/broadblues .

It works quite well and can handle anything libffmpeg can.

Edited by broadblues on 2010/5/21 11:13:51
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Thanks for sharing that. Great music:)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ocn

Glad you liked the music, I watch your short, very powerful, dramatic to say the least!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ocn
Blender is a very good video editor and compositor, if you are interested in the latter too (ie: After Effect/ Shake) you'll be surprised!

I would suggest to check out this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foundation-Bl ... ks&qid=1274426796&sr=1-22

It is mostly about compositing, but it also touch on video and sound sequencing too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues
Your link is broken (hint: the full stop), here is a working one:
http://www.youtube.com/user/broadblues

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DAX

Thanks for that, DAX. I'm going to check out that book. Would it be reasonable to expect to be able to work with Hd footage on the X1000 using blender?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ocn

In terms of processing speed I would hope so. (it struggles on a SAM, but I have maniuplated some HD-Video on my SAM, needless to say you can't get realtime playback in the sequance editor on the SAM)

The only issue I can forsee is large file size. When I tried to load some "raw footage" from a profesional shot video I had done a while back the files size was > 2Gb so ffmpeg / blender had problems loading it. I think this was an issue with the libffmpeg build but haven't yet addressed it, I'm unsure how to build / adapt code to use large file sizes with newlib...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Cool.
Thanks for taking the time to see the short, by the way. I'm very grateful:)

Go to top

Register To Post