Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SMBMounter
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have just released the first version of a simple little utility I wrote for easily mounting, keeping track of and unmounting shares on a network under OS4. It should also work under 3.x but isn't tested. It's just a front-end for SMBFS, but it saves me a lot of editing script files etc. to mount shares. To give you an idea of what it's about, here's a screenshot:

Resized Image

It also gives a textbox to quickly mount shares by their address, but only if they don't have a username or password.

It's currently in the AmiNet upload queue, but in the meantime you can read more and download it at my website.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else finds it useful

Go to top
Re: SMBMounter
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daedalus

While posting in ChrisH's thread I remembered your SMBMounter, which I installed last week - very nice, indeed. So SavvyPPC goes to bed now, SMBMounter is my new software to manage my SMB mounts on my OS4.1 system now! Thank you very much!

On my OS3.9/68k machines I still use the SLH stuff ("Samba's Little Helper"), 'cos it scans the local workgroup and generates a listview with possible mounts. It utilises a local installation of smbclient to get this list. Maybe you could - as a add-on feature - do the same in SMBMounter?

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@cha05e90

Thanks very much, it's always good to hear nice things like that! It is only the first version and will improve, but listing available shares on a server is up at the top of the list for the next version. Now all I need is time to code it

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daedalus

thumbs up from me too man! great piece of software!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus
I would love to use it, but SMB doesn't work with Vista . I have to use FTPMount instead.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Interesting... Might add ftpmount support in a later version

Go to top

Register To Post