Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Should Hyperion-ACube-Aeon support software
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I'd like to express a thought I had about the last software houses who create/created valuable software for AmigaOS. Should Hyperion-ACube-Aeon support these software houses to update and renabled the development of their software? You see, there is Zedonet with the fine Turboprint, the Grasshopperllc with the fine Pagestream, the Alinea with the ArtEffect and Amigawriter and many more. This software is still great and a better support for the AmigaOS4.x will make only good to the platform.

You may say that these programs are commercial, and they should support their products. Maybe that's true, but we won't have much and good software, then the platform, and the companies behind it, will never gain new customers.

I don't have any support plan for these software houses, that's why I'm asking all of you. What do you believe on that?

Go to top
Re: Should Hyperion-ACube-Aeon support software
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@walkero

Should and can are probably not very close to each other.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@orgin

Though it pains me to say it
I am 100% in agreement with your sentiment.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

great idea but give me (complete and working) OS4 native versions of TurboPrint, PageStream, ArtEffect, AmigaWritter and many more and I'm sure that in instant they would gain a lot more customers than just by trying to sell us the same old versions that 10 years ago... I don't see why Hyperion should support such companies, on the other hand they are already supporting those who *are* delivering OS4 native versions (see SAM-Hollywood bundle, or the contrib folder on the AOS 4 CD).

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Imho WookieChat also must be in contrib with AOS4. I was surprised that is not .. And yes, will be cool if authors of old, but still not bad programms can compile os4 versions -> there everyone will won in that case.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

IIRC Alinea was about to produce an AOS4 version of ArtEffect, and if I'm not mistaking work was done at least up to a point were a native version could be started and used at least partly.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

Any download link on os4 native version ? Or it was like "we almost finish native version of arteffect, stay tuned (2 more weeks)" ?:)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

No the goal was to be commercial so no public release but IIRC the have been some exhibition at some Amiga meetings at that time...

Go to top

Register To Post