Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ClipDown question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I make that kind of script:

OWBLauncher
WaitForPort OWB.1
"jfs:ClipDown/ClipDown" -v "system:c/mplayer -quiet"

So, when i press on that script, i have running OWB + ClipDown at the same time.

The first question:

How to do auto-exit of ClipDown, when i exit from OWB ? Because for now it looks like i start it by pression on icon, both programms runs , then i exit from OWB and i need manually exit from ClipDown. Will be cool if it possible somehow make auto-exit from ClipDown also when i quit from OWB.

And question number 2: when i do for example on youtube:
copy link, then auto-play in clipdown, i have spawned shell window, with these words:
------
Executing:
rx Rexx:getvideo.rexx "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10us2AoUz4&feature=popular" play
------

Any way to disable that output window ? I trying to add to my main script something like:
Run >NIL: *>NIL: "jfs:ClipDown/ClipDown" -v "system:c/mplayer -quiet"
but have no luck with and that spawned window still here and annoy me pretty well.

And one more, not so important question: It is possible to "connect" clipdown button somehow to the OWB ? I mean to the OWB window. Just like maybe one more menu-item (not like button), or maybe like one more button in the OWB navigation menu itself. That no so critical, but will be nice.

Thanks in advance

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: ClipDown question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
No one ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Having trouble replying from work due to security.
Will reply tonight after work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
How to do auto-exit of ClipDown, when i exit from OWB ?

No way to do it that I know of, unless I try to monitor OWB's process from ClipDown, but then that would make ClipDown OWB specific. Anyone have other ideas on how to accomplish this?

Quote:
Any way to disable that output window ?

That window is generated by ClipDown so right now there is no way to get rid of it. I've been thinking of changing ClipDown to only open a console window when downloading so progress can be seen but not in other cases, unless a verbose type option is provided.

Quote:
It is possible to "connect" clipdown button somehow to the OWB ?

Well, I tried setting up the OWB bookmark tooltype to have the bookmark icon startup ClipDown but it didn't work. If it did I was thinking I could use that button to have ClipDown do it's downloading. I didn't play with it that much though. The only way to truly integrate ClipDown into OWB's source code. Unfortunatly OWB is written in C++ and Clipdown is written in C so it would probably be a pretty big hack and it would probably be better just to put the effort into implementing a real download manager in OWB so it would actually be supportable.

Sorry I don't have better answers for you. I'm open to any ideas other might have.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:

No way to do it that I know of, unless I try to monitor OWB's process from ClipDown, but then that would make ClipDown OWB specific. Anyone have other ideas on how to accomplish this?

Maybe as Thematic say on AW, make something like this:

----
run >NIL: ClipDown
OWB ; start OWB synchronously
break name ClipDown ; send ctrl-c

That's if ctrl-c is supported (yet).
----

Quote:

That window is generated by ClipDown so right now there is no way to get rid of it. I've been thinking of changing ClipDown to only open a console window when downloading so progress can be seen but not in other cases, unless a verbose type option is provided.

Maybe any tooltypes which mean "disable all the output windowses at all" ? That option "verbose" can be used right now to disable that output window when i play youtube for example ?

Quote:

Well, I tried setting up the OWB bookmark tooltype to have the bookmark icon startup ClipDown but it didn't work. If it did I was thinking I could use that button to have ClipDown do it's downloading. I didn't play with it that much though. The only way to truly integrate ClipDown into OWB's source code. Unfortunatly OWB is written in C++ and Clipdown is written in C so it would probably be a pretty big hack and it would probably be better just to put the effort into implementing a real download manager in OWB so it would actually be supportable.

Basically i am (and i think not only i) use clipdown only for the youtube playng. For download i use IB2.4's download manager , which are very good. Wget it's ok too, but all those spawned shells, etc ..

That strange, why Ibrowse authors can't give the sources to the Joerg, and he can easyly add download manager part to OWB. But it's a bit offtopic ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post