Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 149

VooDoo, orgin, rjd324, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Graphics Memory
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Amiga 1200 which has a Taifun (Typhoon) 1230 / 040 accelerator installed in the trap door with an additional 32mb of RAM on board. IBM 2.5" 1.6gb hard drive and a Indivision AGA 1200. Using Amiga OS 3.9

Can anybody help I have trouble with my graphics memory on my Amiga 1200. When I play some games I keep getting error message saying not enough graphics memory. When I boot up on the top left hand side it shows I have 1,121,080 graphics memory and 32,103, 644 other memory and in my WBstartup draw (all files) I have Freewheel (mouse), ASyncWB, DefIcons, ClickNot, RAWB Info. RFPatch and Bench Trash.
In ScreenMode I`m using HIGHGFX:Super-High Res Laced. Is the Indivision AGA using to much of the graphics memory or is it something else and how can I get more graphics memory? I`m not using any WorkBench Backdrops but using NewIcons

Go to top
Re: Graphics Memory
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ant

Have you tried installing Fblit?

Go to top
Re: Graphics Memory
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ant

Quote:
In ScreenMode I`m using HIGHGFX:Super-High Res Laced. Is the Indivision AGA using to much of the graphics memory or is it something else and how can I get more graphics memory?

The Indivision does not need any memory. But your Workbench screen does. The standard screenmode (PAL Hires 640x256 with 4 colors) needs 80 kb of gfx RAM. Your screen of 1024x768 needs 96 kb per bitplane, so with 256 colors you'd need 768 kb. This cannot be changed. Every displayable bitmap must be in gfx RAM (that's what gfx RAM is for).

NewIcons need another bunch of gfx RAM for each icon which is displayed on the screen. This could be changed by FBlit. But I don't think it's worth the incompatibilities which FBlit creates.

You should rather consider to make another boot partition or an option in your startup-sequence to have the standard screenmode without newicons for gaming and the high-resolution screen for other things.

Bye,
Thomas

Go to top

Register To Post