Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Sound on the SAM
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yep, me again!

This time, sound on the SAM. So far I'm not heard much from my Amiga.

I've read some of the sound related topics already on the board and this is what I have done;

Prefs / AHI - Music Unit set to CS4281: 16 bit Stereo

The "Play a test sound" button gives me a longish bleep.

I went into the DEVS and AHI and AudioModes folders and deleted all unused drivers (i.e. NOT cs4821.audio) as per comments made on another thread.

I downloaded AmigaAMP and was trying to play an MP3 and it says it's playing it (i.e. the seconds counter starts to count) and nothing, not a bleep

I have no idea as to how I tell if I have the latest versions of AHI and cs4281 on my system cos I haven't yet figured that out. However, I am presuming the ones that come on the CD must be ones that work?

Also, in other threads mention is made about setting the number of channels. How is this done? In the AHI utility the channel slider is greyed out.

When I run the C: SoundPlayer command I get "Sound is disabled" in the Output window.

Hopefully the above gives some indication that I have at least done some homework on trying to solve this issue myself!

EDIT : Clarified a point made above

Edited by tommo1975 on 2009/4/22 22:46:12
Sold up all my Amiga gear, not only an Amigan via Amiga Forever!
Go to top
Re: Sound on the SAM
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommo1975

Why have you deleted the audio driver for the sam in devs ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
@tommo1975

Why have you deleted the audio driver for the sam in devs ?

I haven't, I don't think!

I followed the instructions in this posting....

http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... php?topic_id=2606&forum=3

....and deleted the unused drivers from the AHI and Audiomodes directories.

This was the last action I tried prior to posting and it has made no difference.

Since posting, I have now downloaded the latest cs4821 driver from OS4Depot and copied the files into the relevant directories. Have rebooted and retested using the AHI tool and the bleep still plays when testing sound. Still no joy from AmigaAMP though.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommo1975

if you don't hear nothing with AmigaAmp, check the mpega.library in your "libs:" directory

Also check in the AHI Prefs the volume is up and not "Mute"

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommo1975

Have you configured "Unit 0" as well and not just "Music Unit" (misleading name for AHI's lowlevel interface). Select "Unit 0" from the cycle gadget in SYS:Prefs/AHI and configure it then use the "Play Test Sound" button to see if you get any sound.

Programs that use AHI's lowlevel interface generally have exclusive access to AHI (meaning that no other programs can use AHI at the same time) making it more suitable to games than anything else. This can be avoided by installing the device.audio driver (not sure if this is installed by default) and selecting one of the "Unit 0: ..." modes for "Music Unit".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Unit 0 - 3 weren't set up correctly to play sound and were all muted too.

between that and nubechecorre's sugestion re mpega.library (which I didn't have but now do), one of them fixed the problem and the SAM is now happily playing MP3's

Although there is a bit of static that plays when it starts but I read something about that somewhere........

Go to top

Register To Post