Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Radio @ OS 4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Wanted to set up a little "net radio" ussing my Samantha -or Pegasos- as a broadcasting machine. I filled a nice card with lots of mp3s connected my external USB card reader @ SAM's USB, set up an account @ a free Listen2MyRaido sever and then I stuck cause I realised that as fas as I know there is no software or plug in for AmigaAMP similar to SHOUTCast letting me broadcast through a player. Is it true?

Is it a player for OS 4.1 or MorphOS letting me broadcast my mp3s connecting to a server? In WinAMP this is a very simple task done by a plug in called SHOUTCast as I alreayd pointed. This one fits to WinAMP. Is there somehting similar for AmigaAMP? or any other player?

If there is no official software, Can I use the plugins of WinAMP @ AmigaAMP and how?

Thanx.

Edited by CountRaven on 2009/2/12 17:08:36
Go to top
Re: Radio @ OS 4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Woud tune net do the trick for me?

Mike said it can.. let me check...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@CountRaven

Yes tunenet does.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Trying to broadcast through TuneNet ussing many optional servers from liste2myradio.com (different ports and addresses) but the prog always fails to connect.

I am selecting AIFF encoding -the only one provided by the software-, a deafult AHI driver... There is not really much to check out...

I am re typing the server password again only to get the same error message "Unable to connect to broadcast server- when I try to broadcast.

Has anyone tried it for real? And if yes under which server?

Thanks in advance... :D

ps. it works fine in WinAmp :(

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@CountRaven

I never tried broadcasting with TuneNet, I would recommend you to write an email to the author, hopefully he can help you.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@CountRaven

Try to use this plugin (MP3Encoder), so that you can encode on the fly to mp3 and broadcast this. It should work.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey Walky thanks for the plug in.

Although the problem still remains, but I guess this was a good step. Perhaps I should try to email the author meanwhile any other suggesitons would be great. Do you want to give here my broadcast server details?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I never got broadcasting to work on os4.x if i remember right.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
:o
:(

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
just on my way for TuneNet stuff I discovered an iPod skin on Os4Depot. In which folder should I put this in order to be recognised by the software?

EDIT: It was actually a Dock Skin and not a full skin. that is why it was not working. Have found some good Docky skins out there. Can not wait for more official TuneNet skins.

Edited by CountRaven on 2009/2/13 2:02:13
Edited by CountRaven on 2009/2/13 13:28:44
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well TuneNet is a great player. Soon became my fav on OS 4.1 but the broadcast still does not work... Well if anyone knows the email of the author would be great to send me a PM. He may post here as well... There was no sign of a mail address in the app's web page, but I will also check the app's readme files. Thanks for your replies so far.

Go to top

Register To Post