Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Compiling under OS4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How do i compile under the os4 the software says to use ./****(stars mean prog to run) but when i try this nothing found do i need to install an sdk or something, never progged on the amiga before except amos.

Go to top
Re: Compiling under OS4
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@caver99

yes you need to install the SDK which is freely available since 2006 from Hyperion's ftp site (search the 2006 news archive of their website for the exact address).
Moreover about usin "./****" those are Unix paths, and if you are trying to compile straight some unix sources chances are high this won't work without some code tweaking from your part (you know AOS is not Unix ) if you are targeting about "porting" soft from other systems then you might want to read the Spot's Porting for Dummies guide...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Re: Compiling under OS4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Under UNIX, the dot means "current directory".

"ls ." list files in the current directory, "ls .." lists files in the parent directory.

When you port a program, you start to run the configure script. To do that, you have to run the shell "sh", typing ... "sh".

Now, you can run "./configure" and it will start.

"./myprogram" will run "myprogram" that is in the current directory.

Go to top

Register To Post