Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Old Amiga fan, whats new with Amiga tell me about OS 4.1?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I was looking at the news on Amiga OS 4.1 and glad to see there are people that still are here holding on to a dream of a new Amiga OS.

I to would love to go back to the fun days of Amiga.

Thinking of building a Amiga One computer. But saw a post by someone that really started me thinking about console systems.

I see why it would be hard to build an OS for all the different PC parts out there.
But the game consoles like the Xbox, Xbox360, Game Cube, Wii, all with a vary good CPU and video card. Hard drives and even wireless.

Why not work on getting Amiga OS to run on these system?
Sure there game consoles but the Xbox360 is now being priced at about $200 US and put in a keyboard and mouse. You have a killer setup for an Amiga OS to run on. All of the systems are built the same. And with the old Xboxes selling dirt cheep.

Now for the laws on doing this I am not sure on. But I would love to Mod my Wii to use an Amiga OS.
Anyone that has info on doing this please let me know. Thanks

What is this other PPC or something I am hearing about that will run on all systems cell phone and anything?

Sorry I have been away from anything about Amiga only hearing about the Amiga One after it had already passed away.

So any information you have on Amiga please let me know again thanks.

Go to top
Re: Old Amiga fan, whats new with Amiga tell me about OS 4.1?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Dekamore

Its not gonna happen in a rush, because, Amiga inc have taken Hyperion to court over the AmigaOS. Hyperion developed and released AmigaOS4 for PPC - which was what they were licensed for. Amiga inc went bankrupt (twice) but appear to claim that they own OS4, even though, under the agreement, if they went under, the right went directly to Hyperion and Eyetech (Eyetech appear to have gone under themselves).

the whole legal/court situation has been going on now for 2 years now. Its a joke tbh. Amiga inc, seem to want AmigaOS4 back, despite the fact they announced the release of AmigaOS5, which is nothing more than a hosted Java environment on WinPC's and a couple of handhelds.

Meanwhile, we wait.

As always.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top

Register To Post