Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Warp3D SI (small) feature request.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey guys!

Thanks to Creols, our elder french amigans, I'm now a proud owner of an AmigaOne X1000, so I'm back to code. :)

After two years without any serious activity, I'm a bit lost, and I don't know who is in charge of Warp3D SI (Hans?), so I make my request here.

My actual code uses 2 features from the RV200 driver not working on the SI driver:

1- Compressed texture: That's not a big deal, we already discussed this with Hans, and modern hardware are really hard to init, so I wrote a DXT unpacker and use uncompressed texture: Problem solved.

2- More problematic: I can't make the specular color to work on SI. The secondary color use is very basic, by enabling it, it just add the secondary color at blend stage. But it doesn't work. And I really need it.

So maybe I missed something? Maybe something else must be set? On RV200 just calling W3D_SetState(context, W3D_SPECULAR, W3D_ENABLE); is enough, but maybe something else must be done on SI? Maybe playing with texparameters, texenv?

If it not yet implemented, would it be be very hard to add this "little" (I think?) feature?

Thanks

AmigaOne XE --- 7455A@1.4Ghz --- Radeon 9000 Pro --- RAM 2GB --- SSD 40GB
Go to top
Re: Warp3D SI (small) feature request.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Crisot

I am glad you came back. We are waiting impatiently for the Dungeon Crawler and a new demo from the UNIVERSE series - ... 4?

It's a very happy day for everyone :)

PS.
https://www.facebook.com/odyssey4.1/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

Q: Not about the fan, guess what this motherboard is?
A: AmigaOne X1000 ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crisot

Quote:
2- More problematic: I can't make the specular color to work on SI. The secondary color use is very basic, by enabling it, it just add the secondary color at blend stage. But it doesn't work. And I really need it.

So maybe I missed something? Maybe something else must be set? On RV200 just calling W3D_SetState(context, W3D_SPECULAR, W3D_ENABLE); is enough, but maybe something else must be done on SI? Maybe playing with texparameters, texenv?

If it not yet implemented, would it be be very hard to add this "little" (I think?) feature?

I just checked the code, and W3D_SPECULAR is implemented. IIRC, multi-texturing allows you to read and use the specular value. Try enabling multitexturing, and set it up to use the specular value.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Crisot

We already discussed about a problem about secondary color (specular) If i remenber right it worked only with a float color not an RGBA32 one.
Apart this it seems that something no more worked with some recents Warp3D about multi-texturing:
for example on my Sam460
from my Aminet/Microbe3D package, start Demo-View-ppc, then load data/JulietStriped/JulietStriped.obj ==> now looks ugly . It should looks like this :
http://thellier.free.fr/Docs/Microbe3D.html

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks to Hans the problem is solved.

Yes, Warp3D SI does not add the specular at blending, something Warp3D RV200 does by default or even OpenGL does by enabling (GL_COLOR_SUM);

But I was not aware Warp3D allow you to select the SPECULAR as argument for texture unit. So by simply activating a third TMU and using this trick, the specular is back.

Thank you!

Alain: Hummm. Actually it looks correct on my system (?). Just moving lights does nothing.

AmigaOne XE --- 7455A@1.4Ghz --- Radeon 9000 Pro --- RAM 2GB --- SSD 40GB
Go to top

Register To Post