Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
187 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 185

livebyfaith74, FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiPDF questions & wishes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I did build a Gui4CLI Gui helping me to "browse" through a big "linear" .pdf file. ( a course on fysiology with numerous images)
It has limitations mainly because AmiPDF's lack of an arexx port
As it is i can load a given page (selected from the content list), but i have to close manually, to avoid having a big number of pages open at the same time

1. Questions about the template

AmiPDF has the following template, of which i dont'find any explanation
12.Amiga OS 4:C> sys:utilities/Amipdf/amipdf ?
FILE,PAGE/N,PAGENAME/K,OWNERPASS/K,USERPASS/K,ZOOM/K,PUBSCREEN/K,FULLSCREEN/S,PAPERSIZE=PS/K,PAPERWIDTH=PW/K,PAPERHEIGHT=PH/K,PSLEVEL1/S,TEXTENCODING=TE/K,QUIET/S:

What is PSLEVEL1 & what is default ?
Can somebody give me some examples how to use the ZOOM option (e.g fit width, fit page), the acceptable values for paper width & height (hopefully loading the page at preset zoom value)

2. Wishes for AmiPDF template
It would be also most interesting to have a ROTATE option., to open a page directly in a readable positio.

3. Wishes for an arexx port
Finally having an arexx port allowing to change pages, zoom setting and having a quit possibility would be grand.

Other existing manual commands are welcome too of course

The possibility to extract (visually rectangularly delineated) parts of a pdf document as text is much appreciated, especially with multicolumn documents.
A full (2 column) document is well transformed with SaveAsText menu too.

A small wish would then be to be able to just transform only a given (one or 2 column) page (or a number of successive pages) to a text file
Is it possible to extract images (say with adobe reader) without having to select them (as with SGrab) ? Would be nice too for images not taking up a whole page.

Go to top

Register To Post