Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
197 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 196

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Storm screen manager
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I wonder if anyone has managed to get the stormscreen manager working under OS4 Final.

I have Amigawriter installed and it works running on workbench, but if I want to run it on it'e own screen I have to put stormscreenmanager in wbstartup. at which point I get a guru, sorry Grim Reaper.

I have tried blacklisting it but that doesn't seem to have any effect, and I still get a visit from the grim reaper.

Go to top
Re: Storm screen manager
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Swoop

Most of the StormC package is unstable on OS4. You can use Prefs/Screen to set up a screen that the specified program should open on...

Simon

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:
I wonder if anyone has managed to get the stormscreen manager working under OS4 Final.

I have Amigawriter installed and it works running on workbench, but if I want to run it on it'e own screen I have to put stormscreenmanager in wbstartup. at which point I get a guru, sorry Grim Reaper.

I have tried blacklisting it but that doesn't seem to have any effect, and I still get a visit from the grim reaper.

No idea if stormscreenmanager uses it, but for most Haage&Partner software make sure you have the AmigaOS4 wizard.library from http://software.alinea-computer.de/seiten/downloads_uk.php installed and not an old m68k version.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

No idea if stormscreenmanager uses it, but for most Haage&Partner software make sure you have the AmigaOS4 wizard.library from http://software.alinea-computer.de/seiten/downloads_uk.php installed and not an old m68k version.

Thanks for that, but I already have that to run Amigawriter in the first place. It seems that Amigawriter only uses stormscreenmanager to retarget to another screen.
I will have to see if I can use an MUI screen, or create one in screen prefs and see if it will use that.

Go to top

Register To Post