Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
189 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 188

Hans, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Archives with sources available
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I was searching on OS4depot for archives containing source material.

A search on "src" or "source" only gave me some twenty hits, most in audio or demo field. I guess there must be more especially with small utilities.

Wouldn't it be possible to add a standard item in the archive description
source: (joined, not joined) ?

Go to top
Re: Archives with sources available
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
That'd be a good idea. You can do an SQL search for "Makefile" in the text field, but it's only scanning the contents of the readme.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The normal search for 'makefile' just brings up 3 hits.

Using SQL with 'makefile' in the filename field does not bring up any hit.

It is now 2 years since i last had some real C programming, and i seem to have lost it all.
What i am really looking after is simple examples (hopefully without makefile) for beginners, but that do work.
It is mainly the different possibilities to program only for OS4 or trying to reuse OS3 source with a minimum of changes ( i remember __BASELINE__ and __INLINE__ definitions to be used, or making the source more portable in the amiga look alike world (SDI headers) that i am after.

It would be so enlightening to have the same basic sources in those 3 styles. eg most examples in litterature use "char *mystring"
In the OS4 examples STRPTR is used, however i don't remember what is the right(minimal) include
to make this usable.

I would even suggest experienced programmers take a bit of their time to upload simple sources in those 3 styles. The fields coverd with the SDI headers Readargs and backfill, ... would be the most interesting .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There a few simple examples in the OS4 SDK.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
It would be so enlightening to have the same basic sources in those 3 styles. eg most examples in litterature use "char *mystring"
In the OS4 examples STRPTR is used, however i don't remember what is the right(minimal) include
to make this usable.

#include <exec/types.h>

Go to top

Register To Post