Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Steps to get a sata card to be recognized?
Just popping in
From United States
I have a X5000 that I am trying to add a couple of HD's too. I have tried two different sata boards, and while both show up on the U-boot screen in the system info section, they do not show up in the media toolbox. I am assuming that I need to add a command someplace to initialize them someplace?

Report Go to top

Re: Steps to get a sata card to be recognized?
Home away from home
From Russia
What kind of SATA card is it (what chipset) ? I use in my pegasos2 a PCI-based sii3114 card to which connect SSD. So when I run the mediatoolbox I have in it sii3114.device on which I dbl-click, and it shows what kind of SSD I have attached to, so made partitions, install filesystems, reboot, and then format those new uninitialized ones.

But of course, I also have in kick layout entry for loading sii3114ide.device.kmod.

EDIT: tried that card now in the x5000, works the same: shows up in media toolbox as sii3114ide.device (but I also have the necessary entry in Kicklayout, as well as this card on this 3114 chipset is known to work).

Re: Steps to get a sata card to be recognized?
Just popping in
From United States
Thanks, that gave me the poke in the right direction. One of the cards is 3224 based. Once I un-commented out the correct kmod line, it worked. Now that I have the extra drives, time to see if I can get dual booting running.

Report Go to top

[Advanced Search]