Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Corrupted Ringhio appsprefs
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've had now few times corrupted ringhio.appsprefs.xml file. There's a long string of garbage in Name tag (between name and /name tags) of one entry. I don't know what might cause that or how to reproduce it. I can send the corrupted file to the author if needed. It makes the file really big and causes loss of memory and spending 100% CPU some time during boot process.

Another user confirms this in AmigaWorld.net.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Re: Corrupted Ringhio appsprefs
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

TSK wrote:
I've had now few times corrupted ringhio.appsprefs.xml file. There's a long string of garbage in Name tag (between name and /name tags) of one entry. I don't know what might cause that or how to reproduce it. I can send the corrupted file to the author if needed. It makes the file really big and causes loss of memory and spending 100% CPU some time during boot process.

Another user confirms this in AmigaWorld.net.

iirc rigo already confirmed that and wrote that this bug has been fixed for the next update. wasn't that also in that thread? or was it here somewhere?

regards...

Go to top
Re: Corrupted Ringhio appsprefs
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Good to know.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post