Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: can anybody explain about current situation with BREL Relocations ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Tricky when need to know the small difference between PowerPC chips are to write assembly,
do you need to write it in assembly, and does it do what you actually want it to do?
(if its just a test, perhaps it can be tested on Sam440. If not required to test on others.) Perhaps the sam460 is similar.
since they both are AMCC chips

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIT
As i say in previous post, we don't need any assembler, or anything hardcore. All we need is ANY simple test case which will test if baserel mode work in compiler or not.

Any simple test case, with less as possible code, and with no assembler preferable.

Also, to repeat myself again: we don't need to test CPU, specific arch or whatever. We need to test if baserel mode works in binutils/gcc we works on : for that we need simple test case which is NOT cpu specific, not arch based, nothing at all. Just simple test case which we can run, and it will printf "ok baserel works", "ops, baserel not works". Then we can test it with old gcc/bintuils, current gcc/bintuils and new gcc/bintuils we works on. That why we need it.

The test code i point out from adtools are old and not-working, i only point out on them as on only ones which were possible to find at all. But we need of course different, better and easy test case.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

There's no such thing as as simple test case for this, but I can come up with something when I have time. A proper test case will need to make use of IElf->CopyDataSegment() to fully cover all eventualities.

As mentioned earlier, maybe once baserel is working again, perhaps that code could be adapted to make it possible to define functions where r13 can automatically be saved/restored (like __saveds) for when using -msdata instead of -mbaserel.

IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura

That would be very nice, if you could put together an example. What ever times it takes you. I'm in no hurry.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)